SAC Meeting 2018-07-26

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search

Where and When

Agenda

Tweeter

Motion from last week

Postgres Security

Trac security status - DONE?

Talk about hardware plans

  • Our new hardware has landed. Need to fill in Wiki page and get started doing something with it SAC_Service_Status#osgeo_7.
  • We need to flesh out the setup details and start setting it up Osgeo7.

FunToo container (osgeo.host.funtoo.org) -Nextcloud

    • DONE? Setup an LDAP group for nextcloud use and add people (e.g. all board members), alternatively use existing groups we have (couldn't find board ldap group)

Nextcloud,

  • Board's request for sync+share storage replacement of Dropbox
    • TODO: robe - I really want to speed this up before handing to board to test after I will send a note to OSGEO board. Note we'll eventually move this to OSGeo7 once OSGeo7 server is set up

Wiki LDAP integration

  • (how do we move forward) wrt to approaches what are we willing to put up with 165
    • TODO: Martin Spott and TemptorSent explore logistics of setting up a sandbox we can test.

OSGeo Website topics

- anything outstanding SAC needs to be involved in?

  • from last week:
    • TODO (sponsors): close the related issues with Jive.
      • Never saw Jive on the IRC
  • Gravatar is now used in following pages: members page, board page

Attendance

July 26

  • robe2
  • cvvergara
  • jmckenna
  • wildintellect
  • rkased
  • markusN

Transcript

http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo-sac/%23osgeo-sac.2018-07-26.log

MOTIONS

Last week motion MOTION1: have osgeo-sac on twitter

  • Aproved with 3 votes
  • Independent of from OSGeo twitter
  • Name agreed is OSGeo_SysAdmin

Hardware Plans

  • osgeo7 setup still to be done as far as last emails are understood
  • we do need to review who should have their ssh key added with root privilege on the new machine

FunToo

robe2:

  • I have to renew the letsencrypt on funtoo
  • Have to check why it's not autorenewing
  • No progress this week
  • but we might actually have it on osgeo7

Nextcloud

  • not sure if anybody on board tried using it
  • response from board pending

OSGeo Website topics

vicky's plan:

  • make a charters member badge
  • have the user to opt for no show member page (DONE)

Next Meeting

Proposed Time: Thursday Aug 2nd 2018 20 UTC

SAC main page