SAC Service Status
Infrastructure of OSGeo System Administration Committee (SAC)
For emergency plans see: SAC:Admin and Troubleshooting
- 1 Servers at OSL
- 2 Cloud Hosted Servers and other external under SAC Control
- 3 QGIS off OSGeo
- 4 Historical servers (not more in use)
Servers at OSL
Open Source Labs - 4 physical machines containing x virtual machines.
If VM hanging, see OSL for how to open a ticket with OSUOSL's support.
All SAC administrators have LDAP auth to the OSL Virtual Machines.
To ssh into a server using your LDAP account, you can do the following replacing your_osgeo_login with your OSGeo login and vmname with the vm name of the server at OSL.
When prompted for password, use your OSGeo Login password.
SAC:Primary Administrators also have ssh key access in case LDAP is down and that will also apply to the physical machines. Worst case scenario use the information on Open Source Labs to file a ticket (SAC members only). Direct connection to virtual machines is by appending it's vm alias to .osgeo.osuosl.org.
- Live Status via Munin
osgeo3 is a real server managed by OSUOSL and running a virtualization solution (ganeti+kvm) to provide Virtual Machines which are the ones SAC can access and manage. SAC can _not_ access osgeo3 directly, but has to contact OSUOSL for that.
Each of the sections below represent a Virtual Machine and describes which services are running on it, and by which name they are reachable.
See OSGeo Wiki
- See TracsvnVM for full details, and some notes on services running here
- Drupal instances for the main OSGeo web site and projects like MapGuide and FDO are hosted here (??).
- Virtual Hosts (on same server)
- LDAP Python Admin Scripts in /usr/lib/cgi-bin
See Infrastructure Transition Plan 2010#Final_Plan for full details.
- Infrastructure Transition Plan 2010#osgeo3_.26_osgeo4
- Lots of config information in the Migration Documentation.
- SAC:Backups describes backup strategy.
- Template VM used when creating new VMs.
- Not normally running - make a special request to OSL to start it up.
- See WebExtraVM for full details (server: http://webextra.osgeo.osuosl.org)
- hosts http://planet.osgeo.org, http://mum03.mapserver.org, http://live.osgeo.org
- http://foss4g.org (main portal) and archive of old sites 2006-2014
- http://conference.osgeo.org - Conference System (also: SAC:Setup_OCS)
- http://journal.osgeo.org / osgeo.org/ojs - Journal System
- Redirects for many chapter and other urls handled via /etc/httpd/conf.d/rewrite.conf
osgeo4 is a real server managed by OSUOSL and running a virtualization solution (ganeti+kvm) to provide Virtual Machines which are the ones SAC can access and manage. SAC can _not_ access osgeo3 directly, but has to contact OSUOSL for that.
As of december 2017 the osgeo4 machine should be dismissed, moving hosted services somewhere else (most likely osgeo6 machine).
QGIS @ osgeo
- VM used for projects for various adhoc purposes. Risks to system stability that would be unacceptable on the Projects VM may be ok here.
- See AdhocVM for full details, and some notes on services running here.
- eg http://adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/livedvd/docs/en/quickstart/
- Most projects have been moved to osgeo6, a list of what remains needs to be made so they can be moved.
- Backup now runs on dedicated hardware
- Provides Rsync backups of download.osgeo.org
- Provides Bacula backups of various VMs.
- See SAC:Backups for details.
See Osgeo6 for full details
Cloud Hosted Servers and other external under SAC Control
- SAC:betawebsite - 22.214.171.124, IPv6 address..: 2a02:348:84:cd17::1, Debian 8 4GB server, host name: osgeo.public.cloudvps.com credentials available on osgeo secure access folder
- SAC:staging2.www.osgeo.org - Debian 9.3 VM currently setup on winnie.postgis.net, running PHP7, MariaDb 10.1 for PHP7 testing
- postgis.net, planet.postgis.net, debbie.postgis.net -- all on same Debian 8VM 4GB RAM
QGIS off OSGeo
Services on separated machines rented and managed by the QGIS project at hetzner
- website including documentation http://www.qgis.org
- website building, documentation building, debian/ubuntu nightlies, plugins.qgis.org
- issues.qgis.org: redmine