Board Meeting 2018-03-01

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search

This board meeting is scheduled for the 1st of March 2018 at 15.00 UTC through IRC and follow up voting by email.

Agenda

Current items

Items in italic are recurring at each meeting.

Note that the meeting is limited to 1 hour.

  • roll call
  • appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  • Review and approve past minutes: Board Meeting 2018-02-01
  • Update on MOU AGU progress
  • Update on FOSS4G 2019 planning (plan to go back to monthly reports to the Board)
  • Update on MOU TIB progress
  • Report on Google Code-in 2017/2018
  • Partnering with Open AR-Cloud (mail from info@...)
  • Inclusiveness guidelines for conferences
  • Update on UN OpenGIS Initiative
  • add your items here..

Items from past meetings

Last meeting 2018-02-01

  • Board_Meeting_2018-02-01
  • ACTION: Approve meeting minutes and vote on loomio [DONE]
    • Approve previous meeting minutes [DONE]
    • Approve previous F2V meeting minutes [DONE]
    • Approve previous F2V meeting minutes [DONE]
  • ACTION Astrid please create a motion on loomio: Change monthly IRC meeting timeslot: April -> October 14:00 UTC, November -> March 15:00 UTC ?
  • [ACTION] Jeff and Astrid will work on a MOU, MOU will be signified during OSGeo Code Sprint in Bonn
  • Sponsoring
    • [ACTION] UN Committee Maria B voluteers
    • [ACTION] FOSS4G - no sponsorship packages avaialble on the website
    • [ACTION] Conference Committee - for travel grant program
    • [ACTION] Jody will communicate via email, plan is to encourage committees
  • [Action] Astrid to create a wiki page describing "charter member meeting" and review with board. Compose an invitation email to send to charter members and review with board before sending out. [DONE]
  • [Action] See GvSIG
  • Discuss alternative to dropbox via email
  • [ACTION] GEOS ask temporary sysadmin (Martin Spott) to figure out why services are so slow
  • [ACTION] Relationship AGU: Jeff will send the MoU for review to the board
  • Apply for Budget for Member meeting: no budget yet [ACTION] Astrid will write a mail to discuss the budget

Minutes

  • Attending: Maria A., Angelos, Jeff, Helena, Astrid
  • Presiding: Maria A.
  • Scribing: Astrid


Full, raw minutes notes

IRC Log at http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo/%23osgeo.2018-03-01.log

Meetiing 1.2.2018

Update on MOU AGU progress

  • Jeff works on it together mit with Peter Lowe
  • AGU Board asked them for a draft
  • we will now send to AGU Board, if it is ok with OSGeo Board
  • [ACTION] Jeff - can you please send it to the board mailing list just to make sure we all read it at least once before you send it? (or have the opportunity to read it)

Update on FOSS4G 2019 planning (plan to go back to monthly reports to the Board)

  • needs information from Vasile -> deferred


Update on MOU TIB progress

  • Jeff and Astrid are working on a MOU with TIB. FOSSGIS are in close contact to TIB - means Bastian Drees and Peter Löwe
  • Board - please review the Page https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MOU_TIB
  • next step will be to show Bastian Drees the text and let it be discussed at TIB
  • Plan is to sign the MOU in Bonn in 3 Weeks (maybe delawen and Bastian can sign together in Bonn with a great picture and a press release)
  • [ACTION] Astrid - can you please send it to the board mailing list just to make sure we all read it at least once before you send it? (or have the opportunity to read it)


Report on Google Code-in 2017/2018

  • by Jeff and Vicky
  • GCI was a huge success. The whole admin team has made a great job.
  • Google gave back a funds into OSGeo Payoneer account of 6000 $
  • GCI discusses options to spend the money
1) make OSGeo packages and send them to the schools of the students
2) give an amount, say $500, to the student's family
  • discussion about this topic
  • board agreed that funds should be used towards the students somehow
  • discussion will be continued between mentors. They will give a final result to the board once they get a consensus


Partnering with Open AR-Cloud

(mail from info@...)


Inclusiveness guidelines for conferences

  • https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/hot/2018-February/014199.html
  • There was a discussion on the HOT mailing list
  • there are laws in Tanzania that forbid LGBT and that may be a drawback for going to the conference. The DLOC assures those are legacy laws and we shouldn't worry
  • discussion about setting up a working group on the topic
  • further discussion will go on in Bonn at f2f


Update on UN OpenGIS Initiative

Actions

  • no time left to have a look at the action items. We will do that at f2f meeting.

Next Meeting Bonn

  • Astrid will write a preparation mail on the list