Board Meeting 2018-02-01

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search

This board meeting is scheduled for 1 Feb 2018 (first Thursday of each month) at [1] through IRC and follow up voting on Loomio.

Agenda

Current items

  • roll call
  • appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  • Approve previous meeting minutes
  • Approve previous F2V meeting minutes
  • Approve previous F2V meeting minutes
  • Discussion of meetings schedule (frequency). Currently we meet on the first Thursday of the month, additional breakout face-to-video or face-to-face meetings as required.
    • Motion to meet at 15 UTC instead of 14 UTC (discussed at the end of last meeting with some members)
  • FOSS4G vision by Board (video streaming, etc)
  • (done) Renew mandate for GSoC 2018 admin team (thread).
  • Review/revise sponsors program for 2018
  • Review action items from previous meeting
  • Confirm/update process for projects to get signing certificate(s) through SAC (GRASS needs one for MacOSX), see 2015 motion
  • Project reviews (gvSIG)
  • Discuss alternative to dropbox
  • Relationship with AGU & possible MoU (thread)
  • Discuss possibility of a Charter Members meeting, as part of the OSGeo Code Sprint in March (thread)
  • Coordination and planning Face to Face Meeting Bonn 2018
  • Update on Video Committee
  • ...

Minutes

Appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary

  • Attending: Jody, Angelos, Maria A., Astrid, Vasile, Jeff, Helena
  • Guests: Mario, Strk, Vicky, Madi
  • Presiding: Jody
  • Scribing: Astrid

Actions

  • ACTION: Approve meeting minutes and vote on loomio [DONE]
    • Approve previous meeting minutes
    • Approve previous F2V meeting minutes
    • Approve previous F2V meeting minutes
  • ACTION Astrid please create a motion on loomio: Change monthly IRC meeting timeslot: April -> October 14:00 UTC, November -> March 15:00 UTC ?
  • [ACTION] Jeff and Astrid will work on a MOU, MOU will be signified during OSGeo Code Sprint in Bonn
  • Sponsoring
    • [ACTION] UN Committee Maria B voluteers
    • [ACTION] FOSS4G - no sponsorship packages avaialble on the website
    • [ACTION] Conference Committee - for travel grant program
    • [ACTION] Jody will communicate via email, plan is to encourage committees
  • [Action] Astrid to create a wiki page describing "charter member meeting" and review with board. Compose an invitation email to send to charter members and review with board before sending out.
  • [Action] See GvSIG
  • Discuss alternative to dropbox via email
  • [ACTION] GEOS ask temporary sysadmin (Martin Spott) to figure out why services are so slow
  • [ACTION] Relationship AGU: Jeff will send the MoU for review to the board
  • Apply for Budget for Member meeting: no budget yet [ACTION] Astrid will write a mail to discuss the budget

Motions

MOT1: Approve board meeting minutes 2017-12-07.

MOT: Change monthly IRC meeting timeslot: April -> October 14:00 UTC, November -> March 15:00 UTC ?

  • Astrid will take this motion to loomio for electronic voting

MOT2: Motion to approve the request Madi: GSoC team provide the funding (500USD) for another event

  • Motion by Angelos
  • Seconded by Astrid
  • Approve: Maria, Helena, Astrid, Angelos, Jody
  • Abstain: Jeff as GSC Admin
  • Block: -
  • Moved to Loomio: not needed


MOT3: next meeting March 1st

  • Motion by Jody
  • Seconded by Astrid
  • Approve: Maria, Helena, Astrid, Angelos, Jody
  • Abstain: Jeff as GSC Admin
  • Block: -
  • Moved to Loomio: not needed

Topics

FOSS4G vision by Board

  • (video streaming, etc)

TIB as Partner

  • Wourl be great to add TIB as OSGeo Partner, new page on new Webside
  • [ACTION] Jeff and Astrid will work on a MOU, MOU will be signified during OSGeo Code Sprint in Bonn


Renew mandate for GSoC 2018 admin team

  • (done) Renew mandate for GSoC 2018 admin team (thread).

Review/revise sponsors program for 2018

Reach out to:

  • [ACTION] UN Committee Maria voluteers
  • [ACTION] FOSS4G - no sponsorship packages avaialble on the website
  • [ACTION] Conference Committee - for travel grant program
  • [ACTION] Jody will communicate via email, plan is to encourage committees


Review action items from previous meeting

  • bank account will be done in Bonn, Angelos and Michael are still in discussion, Astrid can help
  • [DONE] Astrid: blogpost / news_item announcing new executive officers
  • All book travel/accommodation for f2f meeting and send details to treasurer for reimbursement.
  • Astrid to create a wiki page describing "charter member meeting" and review with board. Compose an invitation email to send to charter members and review with board before sending out.


Confirm/update process for projects to get signing certificate(s) through SAC

  • (GRASS needs one for MacOSX), see 2015 motion
  • SAC will "authorize" GRASS team to contact treasurer@osgeo.org who has credentials.
  • Michael has the credentials

Project reviews GvSIG

  • presented by Mario Carrera (mcarrera) new Chair
  • GvSIG Report 2017 https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GvSIG_Report_2017
  • release plan: 2.4 final version this month, and the 2.5 one after September
  • [ACTION] please update the osgeo branding http://www.gvsig.com (has the old logo)
  • [ACTION] And can the gvSig Assoication add their remaining projects to the OSGeo website (see list here https://www.osgeo.org/partners/gvsig-association/ )
  • GvSIG had the TSC mailing list in Joinup but they deleted the mailing lists from there without informing us (including developers mailing list)
  • [ACTION] apply for mailing lists at OSGeo - Mario will open a ticket
  • sponsorship of gvSig association "donate" button http://www.gvsig.com/en/web/guest/contribution. Notice from Jody: If you do set up a larger sponsorship program, or if sponsors can support gvSig events. Please let them know about being cross listed on the osgeo sponsors website.


Discuss alternative to dropbox

  • discussion is moved to email
  • [ACTION] find alternative

Project reviews GEOS

  • report nby strk
  • not much to say, development is slow, some contributions go some new come (cvvergara)
  • still lack a logo but hadn't found the time to organize students to help with that https://www.osgeo.org/projects/geos/
  • still track JTS
  • experiment of managing code under Gitea so far didn't raise any major issue
  • trac/gitea/git interaction is smooth (except for annoyingly slow services) - help of OSGeo could be: making the infrastructure faster
  • there are no PSC meetings - instead: if anything major needs to be decided a motion is started ont hthe mailing list
  • geos-devel is active
  • team is in the process of upgrading the code to more modern c++
  • [ACTION] ask temporary sysadmin (Martin Spott) to figure out why services are so slow

10. GSOC renew mandiate

  • I just wanted to follow up on this and inform you about the outcome. For FOSDEM 2018, 2 students applied to the grant. The conveners assigned the

[16:07] <kalxas> grant to one student. Meanwhile the other student withdrew his submission. [16:07] <kalxas> After that, also the student that had been assigned the grant had to [16:07] <kalxas> withdraw the submission for personal reason. Eventually the grant was not [16:07] <kalxas> assigned. I assume we can consider this amount (500USD) to sum up to the 3k [16:07] <mcarrera> Bye! [16:07] <kalxas> budget that we have been assigned, and assign the grant to another GSoC [16:07] --> tomkralidis (~tomkralid@osgeo/member/tomkralidis) hat diesen Kanal betreten. [16:07] <kalxas> student when the request comes for another event? [16:07] <jive[m]> kalxas: you have the floor

Relationship with AGU & possible MoU

  • thread)
  • Peter Löwe and Jeff wrote along introduction to AGU team before christmas 2017 and they responded in january 2018
  • Peter Löwe and Jeff are now working on the MoU draft
  • [ACTION] Jeff will send the MoU for review to the board

F2F Meeting Bonn

Member meeting

Topics not discussed during the meeting


IRC Log