Australia/New Zealand Chapter Report 2007
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 01:38, 23 February 2008 by Wiki-Bruce.bannerman (New page: = Australia / New Zealand = * Period covered by report: Jan-Dec 2007 * Contact name: Tim Bowden == Key Accomplishments == * Prepared a successful bid to host FOSS4G in 2009. * Generated i...)
Australia / New Zealand
- Period covered by report: Jan-Dec 2007
- Contact name: Tim Bowden
- Prepared a successful bid to host FOSS4G in 2009.
- Generated interest in OSGeo and FOSS4G in Government, Industry and the Australian Open Source Community.
- Presentation and booth at linux.conf.au, Sydney, January 2007.
- Booth at Spatial Sciences Institute International Biennial Conference, Hobart, May 2007.
- Presentation and booth at GITA 2007 Geospatial Infrastructure Solutions Conference, Brisbane, August 2007.
- Presentation to Victorian Department for Primary Industries Spatial Sciences Workshop, Melbourne, September 2007.
- Obtained legal advice on best structure for incorporation as a non profit organisation. This proposal has been endorsed by members of the Chapter.
Areas for Improvement
- We need to develop protocols and processes to ensure smooth running of the chapter.
Opportunities to Help
- Assist with the planning and preparation for FOSS4G 2009.
- Offers of Patronage will be greatly appreciated.
Outlook for 2008
- Incorporate OSGeo Australia / New Zealand as a not for profit organisation.
- Seeking Patronage to ensure the future of the chapter.
- Advocacy to spread the word of the quality FOSS4G software available.
- Planning and preparation to ensure an outstanding FOSS4G 2009.