Australia/New Zealand Chapter Report 2007
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
Australia / New Zealand
- Period covered by report: Jan-Dec 2007
- Contact name: Tim Bowden
- Prepared a successful bid to host FOSS4G in 2009.
- Generated interest in OSGeo and FOSS4G in Government, Industry and the Australian Open Source Community.
- Presentation and booth at linux.conf.au, Sydney, January 2007.
- Booth at Spatial Sciences Institute International Biennial Conference, Hobart, May 2007.
- Presentation and booth at GITA 2007 Geospatial Infrastructure Solutions Conference, Brisbane, August 2007.
- Presentation to Victorian Department for Primary Industries Spatial Sciences Workshop, Melbourne, September 2007.
- Obtained legal advice on best structure for incorporation as a non profit organisation. This proposal has been endorsed by members of the Chapter.
Areas for Improvement
- We need to develop protocols and processes to ensure smooth running of the chapter.
Opportunities to Help
- Assist with the planning and preparation for FOSS4G 2009.
- Offers of Patronage will be greatly appreciated.
Outlook for 2008
- Incorporate OSGeo Australia / New Zealand as a not for profit organisation.
- Seeking Patronage to ensure the future of the chapter.
- Advocacy to spread the word of the quality FOSS4G software available.
- Planning and preparation to ensure an outstanding FOSS4G 2009.