Board Meeting 2006 02 17
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Notes for board meeting to occur on Friday 17, 2006.
Meeting will take place by phone/skype (backed by irc on #osgeo on irc.freenode.net).
Meeting date/time can be planned with http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html
- Agreement on a legal framework for the official corporation, setting up the company, etc. Discuss key bylaw provisions and approve a draft of bylaws for public review.
- Designate a president and treasurer for the foundation (required by law, but can be members of the board)
- Designate Rich Steele Secretary and Legal Counsel for the foundation.
- Setting up a bank account.
- Discuss timing of establishing PSCs for projects, including initial software grant from Autodesk.
- Discussion of Project Incubation.
- Discussion of intellectual property issues (see IP Issues Discussion Document)
- OSGEO Trademark
- Outbound Licensing Policy
- In-bound licensing/contributions; form of contributor agreement for all OSGEO projects
- Insurance for board members.
- Review OSGEO Website Terms of Service
- Designate a "Web Site Committee" with a charter per Web Site Committee Motion.
Start time http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2006&month=2&day=17&hour=17&min=0&sec=0
(Posted by Frank Warmerdam to IRC)
Key items were:
- we would setup a simple set of bylaws soon, with the expection of revising them in a few months when we have a full board and some stuff has been agreed on.
- Designated FrankW President, GaryL Treasurer, and Rich Steele Secretary.
- Established that all the initial projects would also go through a form of incubation.
- Rich will present a template contributors agreement.
- We approved the website terms of service.
- We approved the web site committee formation.
- Also various discussion, especially around the whole incubation issue.
- I am supposed to solicit interest in an incubation committee which we hope to formally establish at our next meeting.
(Posted by Gary Lang who is happy to see that his guess was correct and that emacs' outliner characters is used as the correct syntax for the same thing in MediaWiki)
- Read Rich’s IP Issues Discussion Document, submit questions
- Submit PSC (Project Steering Committee) rules through Wiki to aggregate as a team. i.e. MapBender, GeoTools, MapGuide, etc.
- Spearhead Incubator Committee - 3 members should do this(volunteers), so far, Frank and Chris are members
- Submit drafts to Wiki for current BOD to review, comment/agree upon:
- Contributor Agreements (& samples)
- Umbrella IP Policy
- Open bank account