Board Meeting 2014-09-13
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This board meeting is scheduled for the 13th of September 2014 at 15.00UTC as a face-to-face meeting for those attending FOSS4G Portland and through IRC, with follow up voting by email.
- roll call
- appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
- Review and approve past minutes: Board Meeting 2014-08-14
- Welcome to the new Board members
- Roles of the Board (including Treasurer, Secretary, President)
- Review OSGeo brand
- Proposal to change 'Your Open Source Compass' to 'Your Open Source Community'
- Mission statement/Goals modifications
- Website overhaul?
- Inquiry from the Open Invention Network (http://www.openinventionnetwork.com/) to become a 'licensee'
- Elections (pending Jorge's attendance to the meeting)
- analyze new online process
- set timeline for 2015
- add your items here
- The name, scope and mission of OSGeo are not well known among technical professionals who handle spatial data, and among commercial companies that support the FOSS movement. An example is as follows, where a smart company appears to be supporting every open source dot-org, except OSGeo see bottom of page Questions to the new Board: Is it the mission of OSGeo to answer the question "Who is OSGeo and why would you care" Is it the mission of OSGeo to attract and retain commercial company sponsors who directly benefit from OSGeo projects
- SAC Requests (ref.: http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2014-September/012068.html)
- FOSS4G budget, update of the book
- private files, passwords, documents, Geoserver copyright
- marketing, dvd,. code of cunduct (for CM but mainly the BM)
- Select next meeting timeslot
Motions (to be confirmed by email)
- Attending: Jeff, Jachym, Vasile, Michael, Gerald (face 2 face), Anne, Maxi (IRC/Hangout)
- Also: Dirk, Andrew, Arnulf, Daniel personally/hangout/irc
- Presiding: Jeff
- Scribing: Jachym
- Jachym: Setup wiki, where we write, what tasks does each role at OSGeo do (president, secretary, treasurer). Most of the roles are somehow somewhere already described: review, put it on one clear place.
- Jachym: put together passwords to various accounts (mailbox already in hands of new treasurer and secretary)
- Jorge: Put results of this years board and charter member elections online
- Jachym: contact together with Alex local chapters, projects, what they do need from the new server, which is about to be setuped
- Gerald: Update FOSS4G page
- Jachym: Start to work on wiki, where policy for new board memebers will be described (passwords, mail, accounts, ...)
- Gerald: Write code of conduct for board members
Motions (to be confirmed by email)
See email thread on the board list.
|msmith motions for aproving previous minutes Board_Meeting 2014-08-14||4||2||NO (half of the board were not memebers)|
|motions that jeff be president||7||Yes|
|motions jachym as secretarty||7||Yes|
|statement to remain as is "To support the collaborative development of open source geospatial software, and promote its widespread use." (but update the goals)||7||Yes|
|to publish last board and charter member elections on the internet withe detail numbers of +1's and -1's for each nominee||5||Yes|
|I move for the next FOSS4G (2016) and afterwards, OSGeo board requires *completely* open budget, including soponsorships, income for "professional" organization helping with conference and all spendings (and income) related to FOSS4G conference||5||Yes|