Board Meeting 2019-12-09

From OSGeo
Revision as of 11:47, 4 January 2020 by Kalxas (talk | contribs) (→‎Actions)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

This board meeting is scheduled Monday 09 December 2019 at 18:00 UTC through IRC, a record of motions is preserved on loomio and actions on osgeo todo issue tracker.


Current items

  1. roll call
    • appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  2. Review and approve past minutes
  3. Welcome new and returning board members
  4. Onboarding
  5. FOSS4G 2020 - Halifax site causing confusion​ (page was updated to clarify that it is a regional event - OK now?)
  6. OSGeo Budget 2020 draft
  7. Formal relationship with ISO/TC211
  8. FOSSDEM 2020
  9. GISTAM 2020 support request
  10. GeoMoose funding release request
  11. Add more agenda items here...


  • Presiding: Angelos
  • Scribing: Astrid
  • Attending: Victoria, Michael, Angelos, Tom, Helena, Till, Vicky, Codrina, Astrid, Vasile (guest)

Review and approve past minutes

Board Meeting 2019-11-25

MOT1: Approve past minutes Board Meeting 2019-11-25]

  • Motion passed during the meeting
  • that officially conludes the previous board work

Welcome new and returning board members

  • Angelos and the new (and old) Board members will do an onboarding meeting.
  • Onboarding

Next regular Board meeting
  • next meeting December 30th of December 14 UTC video call meeting
  • define officiers during that meeting, option to make the meeting a bit longer
  • ACTION: Angelos to start a wiki page for that meeting

FOSS4G 2020 - Halifax site causing confusion​

MOT2: with this statement we are officially asking the conference comittee represented in theis meeting by Vasile, to handle no advertising done by bidders until there is a winning bid.

  • Vicky: +1 initial motion
  • Angelos: +1 seconded
  • Tom: +1
  • Till: +1
  • Codrina: +1
  • Michael: +1
  • Victoria: +1
  • Helena:+1
  • Astrid: +1
  • motion passed during the meeting

OSGeo Budget 2020

Formal relationship with ISO/TC211

  • Victoria has been approached by two of the ISO/TC 211 leaders and they have asked if OSGeo would be interested in becoming an official liaison organisation. This would provide us with the opportunity to be part of the activities in ISO/TC211 and also have a presence at the meeting. For example, if an OSGeo member is present they can present at the plenary and have access to the ISO/TC211 documents.
  • ACTION: Victoria to provide an example letter for ISO/TC211


  • [
  • no booth is booked from OSGeo, some OSGeo people will be there.
  • Material for the geospatial devroom can get organized by the marketing committee
  • ACTION Astrid am part of the marketing committee and can take care that marketing material will go to FOSDEM

GISTAM 2020 support request

  • looks like there is not open source content at the conference
  • ACTION Helena will ask contacts from Prague to check whether there would be at least a special session on open source

GeoMoose funding release request

  • GeoMoose has e-mailed the e-mail account asking for 2000$ 2019 funding to be given to ShareGeo
  • Michael: Transfer of the money can be done.


From previous meetings:

  • Michael will reach out to PROJ project about budget action money handling (Done through budget 2020 call).
  • Michael to make news item for website about PROJ graduation (
  • DONE: Update project status on website
  • DONE: Jody and Peter Bauman will coordinate on news item announcement about rasdaman being a Community Project.
  • DONE: Angelos to contact projects and committees for 2020 budget.
  • Jody to ask MapFish for code of conduct file (

From this meeting: