California Chapter Report 2007
Jump to navigation Jump to search
California Local Chapter (Proposed)
- Period covered by report: Jan-Dec 2007
- Contact name: Landon Blake
- Mailing list established for proposed chapter.
- Temporary incubator website for the chapter created at http://www.redefinedhorizons.com/calosgeo/.
- Alex Mandel and Landon Blake explored the possibility of an OSGeo Booth at the California Geography Society meeting in Chico, California, in May 2008
Areas for Improvement
- Possibility of splitting proposed chapter into sub-chapters because of the size of the state.
Opportunities To Help
- Coordinate and support OSGeo Booth at California GIS Conferences
- Coordinate OSGeo ambassadors to GIS related organizations in California. (Examples: California URISA Chapters, California Land Surveyors Association)
- Forward movement on any of the proposed chapter goals listed here: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/California