Difference between revisions of "FOSS4G NA 2013 OSGeo Agreements"
|Line 44:||Line 44:|
Revision as of 11:12, 21 August 2012
As the Twin Cities Local Chapter is not a legal entity, they have secured the local non-profit organization SharedGeo to act as their fiscal agent for this conference and are requesting that OSGeo establishes a service agreement on the behalf of the local chapter with SharedGeo for the fiscal management of this conference. OSGeo will retain the liability for the event as well as any net profits from the event (with 50% earmarked for future NA events, more details below).
The following agreements relating to FOSS4G-NA 2013 were submitted for vote of the board on 2012-08-21
Agreement between OSGeo and Twin Cities Local Chapter
With reference to Board Resolution accepting the Services Agreement between OSGeo and SharedGeo, the OSGeo Board establishes a relationship with the OSGeo Twin Cities Local Chapter to create the Local Organizing Committee for the planning and running of the Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial North America Conference (FOSS4G NA) 2013 Conference to be held in Minneapolis, MN May 22-24 2013.
As part of this relationship, the Twin Cities Local Chapter agrees to:
- Establish a Local Organizing Committee (LOC). This committee shall fulfill all roles within the Services Agreement assigned to "The Committee". Specifically this encompasses all activities in the Services Agreement Section II.A other than "filing of any required post event Federal and State income tax returns".
- Establish a Conference Chair.
- Establish a Program Committee that responds to the Chair and the LOC and tries to represent the broader North American OSGeo interests.
- Establish an Executive Committee made up of the Conference Chair, the Conference Venue Chair, a representative from SharedGeo, and a representative from the OSGeo Board of Directors. No expenditures outside of the budget or changes to the budget are to be made without full consensus by this Executive Committee
- Communicate all major developments with regards to the conference with the OSGeo Conference Committee and OSGeo Board of Directors.
The OSGeo Board agrees to:
- Provide an OSGeo representative to sit on the Local Organizing Committee
- Provide oversight over the budget through filling a seat on the Conference Executive Committee
- Earmark a minimum of 50% of net conference profits for future FOSS4G North America events (excluding the main FOSS4G international event).
- File any required post event Federal and State income tax returns.
Board Representative on the LOC and Executive committee
- Board Representative to be appointed at the September 2012 board meeting at the latest.