Difference between revisions of "FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2019"
(→Program Overview: Add conference attendee overview)
|Line 192:||Line 192:|
! !! Attendees !! % of Total
| Full Price || 86 || 41.3
| Full Price || 86 || 41.3
Latest revision as of 14:49, 28 November 2020
This conference was the second FOSS4G SotM Oceania, held in Wellington, New Zealand, 12-15 November 2019.
The workshops and community day were held at Rutherford House, Pipitea Campus, Victoria University of Wellington. The conference was held at Tiakiwai Conference Centre, National Library of New Zealand.
|13 November||Conference Day 1||208|
|14 November||Conference Day 2||208|
|15 November||Community Day||~90|
- Edwin Liava'a (Tonga) - FOSS4G Pasifika Roadmap: Then/Now/Beyond
- Kate Crawford (Australia) - Mapping and Society
- Miriam Gonzalez (Mexico) - Towards developing the best (and most diverse!) map in the world!
- Lyzi Diamond (USA) - This talk is about maptime
|Date||Name||Venue||No. of Attendees||Payment Structure|
|12 November||Travel Grant Program Breakfast||Mojo Featherston||18||Paid for out of Good Mojo allocation|
|12 November||Icebreaker||Queens Wharf Ballroom||~100||Included with conference registration|
|13 November||Women in Spatial Breakfast||The National Library of New Zealand||39||Co-organised with WiS NZ / sponsored by FOSS4G SotM Oceania|
|13 November||Conference Dinner||The Thistle Inn||110||Separate ticket ($80)|
By ticket type
- Building an Open Geo Community for Oceania by Women in Spatial NZ
- Free and Open Source Software for Geosptial by Address Finder
- Sponsoring FOSS4G SotM Oceania by Spatialised
- FOSS4G SotM Oceania attendees descend on Wellington by Winyama Digital Solutions
- My first experience at the FOSS4G Oceania conference by Elisa Puccioni
- FOSS4G / QGIS Geometry Generators by Hamish Campbell
Travel Grant Program
13 attendees were provided with grants to help cover flights, accommodation, child care and visas. 2 half day workshops, conference registration and access to all social events including the conference dinner were also provided.
These attendees are from:
- Northern Marianas Islands
- Papua New Guinea
- Fiji (2)
- Samoa (2)
- French Polynesia
- Australia (2)
- New Zealand (4)
- Matthew Fry - Program Lead
- Dionne Hansen - Design & Communication Lead
- Tania Hibbard-Nitz - Local & Logistics Lead
- Edoardo Neerhut - Sponsorship Lead
- Daniel Silk - Chair / Governance Lead
- John Bryant - OSGeo Oceania President
- Jan Ducnuigeen
- David Garcia
- Emma Hain
- Greg Lauer - OSGeo Oceania Secretary
- Richard Law
- Alex Leith - OSGeo Oceania Treasurer
- Mairead de Roiste
- Adam Steer
- Belle Tissott
Kim Fitter was Community Lead, and Adam Steer was Program Lead, early in the organising effort.
Survey and Spatial New Zealand was the Industry Partner, providing support with financial logistics.
Victoria University of Wellington provided the venue for the workshop and community days.
OSGeo contributed funding toward the Travel Grant Program and Community Day.