Geodata Committee Sixth Meeting
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Chair: Jo Walsh Minutes: IRC: #osgeo channel on irc.freenode.org Date: 2006-Jun-30 (at least in the Americas and Europe) Time: (fixed time)
- David Bitner
- Christopher Schmidt, http://crschmidt.net/
- Perry Nacionales
- What more is needed to get OSGeo's Geodata Repository running at Telascience
- User accounts to ask SAC for if needed
- Responsibilities for different data sets
- What kind of portal is needed - is wiki enough?
- Some type of browsing interface for the data neccesary:
- OpenLayers for Raster/Vector data? Easy to set up, might not be full featured enough for some people?
- Perhaps Ka-Map's tile.php as cached layer to feed both kamap and openlayers?
- Single-image screenshots for Raster data as overviews
- Vector dataset descriptions: What various attributes are/mean (better metadata)
- GeoRSS out to get updates, with bounding boxes -- need to get some way to display this data, does anything do GeoRSS rendering with bounding boxes right now?
- Free Earth Foundation working on distributed open geodata services targeted at WorldWind - how can we help?
- Feedback appreciated on metadata client
- Please feel free to add items here