INSPIRE tools inventory
This page aims at building an inventory of the tools aiding the INSPIRE implementation. Several software tools have been developed within EU funded projects and are suitable for reuse, but are often unknown to the broader community. If you are aware of free software implementing INSPIRE specifications, please contribute to this inventory.
Please add a short description of the software implementation and a link to the online resource.
- INSPIRE EUOSME: (European Open Source Metadata Editor) developed by EC-JRC in the EuroGEOSS project, and deployed in the INSPIRE Geoportal to allow user to test editing capabilities and testing ISO19139 XML files
- INSPIRE Excel file: developed within GeoSmartCity project to collect INSPIRE XML19139 compliant metadata in easy and quick way
- smartEditor: smartEditor is a web based editor to easily create and update metadata documents on geospatial data sets, services, series and applications and many more resources supporting ISO19115/19119 and the INSPIRE metadata specification (INSPIRE Metadata Implementing Rules: Technical Guidelines based on EN ISO 19115 and EN ISO 19119)
- GRASS GIS ISO/INSPIRE Metadata support developed within Google Summer of Code 2014
- PosgGIS: ...
- Rasdaman: flexible, scalable spatio-temporal raster server, supporting OGC WMS, WCS, WCPS, WPS; OGC WCS Core Reference Implementation.
- SpatiaLite: ...
- INSPIRE Data Model Tools: developed by Politecnico di Milano to facilitate the browsing of INSPIRE Data Specifications and provide procedure to structure PostGIS pseudo-INSPIRE SQL structure
- inspire-foss.org INSPIRE FOSS: ETL-tooling for INSPIRE Data harmonization and harmonized web services (largely unmaintained)
- HALE: ...
- deegree: deegree supports a internal DSL (a XML configuration file) to specify mappings from a database model into a GML application schema which allow on-the-fly transformation of data.
- Java4INSPIRE: is a java library to handle INSPIRE data as java objects; it may be used to transform existing spatial datasets into INSPIRE compliant datasets
- pycsw: OGC CSW server. Standalone or embeddable. Powers CSW in CKAN, GeoNode. OGC Reference Implementation
- Stetl: Python-framework for ETL. With Examples for INSPIRE data harmonization.
- deegree: Provides an implementation of a OGC CSW 2.0.2 APISO server. Supporting harvest operation and storage of MD records for centralized apporach.
- deegree: Provides an OGC compliant WMS 1.1.1 and 1.3.0 server (OGC reference implementation). Additional it has an implemantation of the OGC WMTS 1.0 standard.
- deegree: Provides an OGC compliant WFS 2.0 support the Simple conformance class and GML 3.2.1 (Both are OGC reference implementations!)
- 52°North Sensor Observation Service 4.x: Enhanced SOS implementation for serving observation data compliant with the INSPIRE requirements for Download Services
- inspire-foss.org INSPIRE FOSS: see above
- INSPIRE Geoportal Validator: developed by EC-JRC, it is used in the context of the INSPIRE Geoportal to perform validation of the metadata of resources discovered through the Member State Discovery Services.
- INSPIRE Validation & conformity testing: Workspace for EU INSPIRE MIG Validation & conformity testing sub-group on GitHub
- GET SDI Portal developed by Geospatial Enabling Technologies Ltd. A ready to deploy, fully featured SDI Services client already used at regional government level INSPIRE Geoportals.
- Ar3na A Reusable INSPIRE Reference Platform. This open community aims to support access to common reusable software and other components for spatial data in European e-government.