Informal OSGeo OGC Meeting 2013-09-18
On 17 September at the FOSS4G 2013 in Nottingham OSGeo members and the Board of the OGC will have a joint dinner. The conference falls at an ideal time to reflect on OGC's Ideas4OGC process. Specifically for OSGeo it will be interesting to learn about the current policy & procedure and governance update activities at the OGC because OSGeo will also have to do some housekeeping.
Topics of mutual interest
- How to mutually benefit from the ICA OSGeo labs education effort
- Exchange ideas about how OSGeo can help enhance the standards process.
- Specifically: Would the OGC profit from OSGeo style code sprints?
- How could we collaborate on this?
- How can we deal with the situation that OGC standards seem to be loosing ground / relevance in the developer communities? E.g. https://twitter.com/tmcw/status/377470849248284672
- your idea here