Live GIS Disc Press Release 45
OSGeo-Live screenshots need updating and apps tested
28 July 2014
In this OSGeo-Live 8.0 we has seen a major upgrade, including moving to the light weight Lubuntu distribution, moving to a new Long Term Release (LTR), and moving more applications to make use of .deb packaging. It should be our best distribution yet. But this has impacted our schedule, as the Ubuntu LTR has only become stable within the last week, and we need help in order to deliver OSGeo-Live to FOSS4G-PDX with our usual high level of quality and reliability.
In particular, we need help:
- getting screen shots with the new Lubuntu desktop,
- testing to verify everything works in this new system and fixing bugs
- updating version number in your Project Overview (if changed), and possibly mention a new feature or two.
- Re-running the Quickstart and ensure each step is still valid, and screenshots match the implementation.
- Update status of the Project Overview and Quickstart to "8.0draft" in our status sheet. 
Due to our tight timelines, we might need to hide applications which we can't get stablised, tested, and docs updated in time.
- 28 July 2014 Alpha4 released. Please verify all applications work and fix bugs
- 03 August 2014 Beta1 released.
- 07 August 2014 Community Testing Sprint
- 07 August 2014 English docs complete
- 14 August 2014 Translations complete
- 17 August 2014 OSGeo-Live sent to the printers