OSGeo Community Projects
The OSGeo Labs is a place to advertise Open Source Geospatial Software that is not part of the Incubation process yet. This aim to:
- Help projects progress to OSGeo Incubation.
- Help projects to share ideas and resources.
- Merge with similar projects. A project will have a greater chance reaching Incubation if you integrate * Find like minded developers.
with similar related projects.
This is the right place to start submitting your project so other OSGeo members can review them and send you feedback.
Projects should only list themselves in OSGeo Labs if they follow the OSGeo Incubation principles.
- The code is under an OSI approved license (data & doc projects need to specify their choice for a type of license).
- The project is willing to keep code clear of encumbrances
- The project is "geospatial", or directly in support of geospatial applications.
OSGeo Labs aims to have minimal red tape to reduce overhead.
The Project Champion is responsible for:
- Strongly recommended: Read Karl Fogel's book on Open Source Software - How to Run a Successful Free Software Project
- Create an OSGeo Wiki page describing the project.
- Ensure the project complies with OSGeo principles by filling out the OSGeo_Labs_Project_Template (Julien, consider using a real MediaWiki template here)
- Announce and discuss the project on the OSGeo Discuss email list.
- Move the project toward graduation
- Investigate, then possibly remove a project from OSGeo Labs if doesn't follow OSGeo principles.
- Periodically (at least annually), review projects in OSGeo labs and remove projects which have "died".
- Get your project a mailing-list and a bug tracker
(contact Landon Blake to get help on SourceForge service)
- GeoFunctions Geo Functions sourceforge page
Working on creating the code base and license files, to be posted shortly.
OSGeo or any of its affiliates do not take responsability or endorse any of the software listed here. OSGeo doesn't guarantee the integrity of the code or any other aspect of the above softwares.