SAC 2007 Annual Report
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Systems Administration Committee
- Period covered by report: Jan-Dec 2007
- Contact name: Howard Butler
- Members: Howard Butler (chair), Norman Vine, John Graham, Gary Sherman, Daniel Morissette, Martin Spott, Wolf Bergenheim, Frank Warmerdam, Shawn Barnes, Who did I forget?
- Completely migrated away from CollabNet and implemented our own infrastructure, which is hosted at Peer1.
- Implemented LDAP, Trac, Subversion, Mediawiki, Mailman, Drupal, Buildbot, download server, Subversion mirror, ...
- Remove the wildcard DNS entry for *.osgeo.org, which greatly complicates and limits our infrastructure maintenance.
- Continue migrating member projects who wish to have critical infrastructure bits like Subversion and Trac be hosted by OSGeo.
- Continue towards single sign-on goal (we have Trac, Subversion and Drupal running off LDAP, need Mediawiki, blade logins?)
- Keep the lights on...