Toronto Code Sprint 2009 Agenda
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Need for Speed...
Performance is the universal feature, and the latest Geoserver vs Mapserver results indicate that there are places throughout the C stack that can use improvement.
- Run Mapserver under load and review where Proj4 takes a hit (everywhere)
- Caching of PJ structs, Should make QGIS and Mapserver faster.
- Parsing of proj strings. Switching from the hand-coded parser to flex-generated parser might yield some improvement.
- Run the Geoserver benchmark tests under profiler and review results
- Single-pass querying, will bring WFS speed up to par
- Mapserver as Apache module, removes FastCGI instability and is potentially even faster, see [#2565 http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2565]
- Roadmap for 1.5+
- New on-disk format? Aligned double?
- New GEOS coordinate sequence to bind on top of aligned PostGIS structures?
- Profiling and review profile results
- Administrivia, what to do without a full-time maintainer?
- Roadmap for 3.2?