Volunteer letter of recommendation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 08:01, 7 December 2018 by Wiki-Peter.loewe (talk | contribs) (Created page with "= [DRAFT] OSGeo Volunteer Letter of Recommendation [DRAFT] = == Scope == This wiki page summarizes content for an OSGeo letter of reference for volunteer work wihtin OSGeo. =...")
[DRAFT] OSGeo Volunteer Letter of Recommendation [DRAFT]
This wiki page summarizes content for an OSGeo letter of reference for volunteer work wihtin OSGeo.
- Letters of recommendation (LoR) can be useful for OSgeo volunteers as a means to prove their OSGeo-related activities to third parties, e.g. when sending in a resume for a new position.
- LoR should be available both to active volunteers and persons retiring from OSGeo.
Workflow and data sources
- LoR should be easy to create, ideally in an (semi-)automated workflow.
- Content for a specific LoR can be harvested from the volunteers personal OSGeo wiki page (if existing):
- Address / city / state / country
- Local Chapter
- OSGeo experience and roles
- Note: This might be an opportunity to improve the metadata concept of the personal wiki pages: The wiki pages seem to have currently no metadata-tags for the committes and projects (community projects / projects-undergoing-incubation / graduated projects). Also, there is no metadata on when a person was elected as a charter member and when that person retired.
- For each of the badges displayed under "OSGeo experience and roles" we could set up short general description as templates.
- There could