Jump to navigation Jump to search
List of tasks to be done by Web Committee. Eventually I imagine this should be handled by the bug (artifact?) tracker but I don't know how to use that properly yet.
- Update the OSGEO Website Terms of Service on the web site.
- Setup mechanism for people to create accounts website user accounts on their own.
- Setup WebCOM mailing list, and get committee members on it!
- Setup feedback mechanism for web site. I suppose this ought to be creating artifacts in the bug system, but a feedback email list might be more appropriate.
- Recruit more members on discuss list. What skills are are most valuable?
- Setup WebCOM web page, with "mandate" and policies and procedures.
- Work on web site overall style.
- Ensure that WebCOM members can update all appropriate web pages (ie. osgeo.org, webcommittee.osgeo.org, board.osgeo.org, etc).
- Hold an OSGeo Logo contest.
- Flesh out the web site pages. New, about, contact, etc.
- Setup wiki.
- Figure out a wiki technology to incorporate. Mediawiki seems really nice. The Java folks seems really keen on Confluence.
- Do we need this hosted on a non-collabnet server since it isn't a core collabnet service?
- We need some mechanism(s) to ensure the folks realize material in the wiki is not authoritative. That it is essentially individuals working documents, not foundation policy.
- Make sure the wiki requires some sort of login or something so it is not easily spammed.