Web Site Committee Motion
Jump to navigation Jump to search
I, Frank Warmerdam, move that a "Web Site Committee" be designated to manage the foundation web site and related resources. The initial committee membership shall include:
- Daniel Brookshier (chair)
- Howard Butler (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fred Warnock (email@example.com)
- Perry Nacionales firstname.lastname@example.org
The web site committee has responsibilities to:
- maintain and update the foundation web site.
- recommend appropriate website technologies (ie. wiki)
- decide and implement a site wide style guideline.
- support foundation projects in use of portal technologies and common style.
- adding and removing committee members as needed.
- The web site committee should operate a public mailing list for discussing changes so that non-members can make recommendations, and follow discussions.
- Major decisions (ie. wiki tech, web site styling) should be forwarded to the board.
- The web site committee should not "create foundation policy". That is, (non-website) policies of the foundation should be decided by the board, and published by the web site committee. The committee can produce new documents that reflect existing policy or are non-controversial in nature.
- All members of the committee should have SVN access to update the web site.
- The committee does not have control of web pages for foundation projects with the exception of pseudo-projects like "board.osgeo.org" and such that are still core foundation activities.