Board Meeting 2006 11 10

From OSGeo
(Redirected from Twenty First Board Meeting)
Jump to: navigation, search

The 20th board meeting has been scheduled for the 10th of November at 16:00 UTC (fixedtime), by phone and IRC (#osgeo) at the same time.

Communication will use the new Conference Call facilities.

Agenda

  • Appoint meeting secretary
  • Review and approve Twentieth Board Meeting minutes
  • Motion to welcome the GeoNetwork project into incubation on the recommendation of the Incubation Committee (GeoNetwork Application).
  • Motion to welcome the OpenLayers project into incubation on the recommendation of the Incubation Committee (OpenLayers Application).
  • Brief update from Tyler

Minutes

In attendance Arnulf Christl, Mark Lucas, Dave McIllhagga (left after incubation votes), Jo Walsh, Frank Warmerdam and Tyler Mitchell (non-voting). Need for 5 voting board members to be present for quorum - this was achieved for the main voted items.

Meeting started at 16:00 UTC.

Mark Lucas and Tyler Mitchell were scribe.

Motion to accept Twentieth Board Meeting minutes

Mark motioned to accept, Arnulf seconded, motion to accept minutes was passed.

Motion to adopt Geonetwork into OSGeo incubation

As per application and incubation committee acceptance in [this email thread]. All were in favor - motion to accept Geonetwork into OSGeo incubation process was passed.

Motion to adopt OpenLayers into OSGeo incubation

As per application and incubation committee acceptance in [this email thread]. All were in favor - motion to accept OpenLayers into OSGeo incubation process was passed.

Executive Director Update

  • Spent time getting office organized, including project management system for tracking to do lists and various activity tracking
  • Making himself available on IRC more often now
  • Started an informal blog about mainly OSGeo-related topics on his [personal website] - will move to an official OSGeo site when infrastructure is ready
  • Was asked about whether content on current prototype Drupal site will be lost or not - answered 'no, we are planning to dump/import the content to new site'.
  • Preparing for OSGeo Visibility Committee attendance at Autodesk conference at end of month
  • Working with Dave to set up a Geoconnections meeting in December in Ottawa
  • Aiming to make similar pitch to US Government agencies in Washington, DC in February
  • Mentioned the Springer publication of a GIS Encyclopedia and how there is [an opportunity] to have open source geospatial applications covered in the text. Tight timelines (Dec) for submission. See [email] from Andreas for how to get involved.
  • Infrastructure status update - Talked with Bob Bray regarding start up of new systems admin. Bob wants admin to review our plan and respond with a technical plan, including a review of the server quote. Admin started this this week, more discussion mid-next week.
  • Tyler will talk to Porter next week to come up to speed on Legal status (let Tyler know if there are any issues that need to be addressed)

Motion to close the meeting

Mark motioned, Jo seconds, all agreed. Meeting closed at 16:18 UTC