- website content: If you need to update the website please reach out to the nearest board member, committee chair, or project officer.
- website service: The issue tracker page has an entry for website infrastructure tickets, all infrastructure is managed by the System Administration Committee (SAC).
For working with events, resources and local chapters:
- author for people that can write an event but can not publish (normally to people that very seldom do this task)
- editor create and review pending events done by an author (checking that link is ok before publishing)
For working on projects:
- project author for people that can write a project posts (but not publish). Used buy project members.
- project team capability of changing roles to other users, use it wisely!
- project editor used by incubation committee members to publish projects (confirming that they are collaborative, open source, and spatial)
For working with GeoForAll pages and GeoForAll lab posts:
- geoforall author used to write GeoForAll lab posts
- geoforall editor used to publish GeoForAll labs (check the link is okay before publishing).
For working on partner posts:
- partners editor used to write and publish partner posts. Role intended for use by board members and our partners.
For working on service provider posts:
- service provider author used to write service provider posts
- service provider editor used by the marketing committee to publish service provider pages (check link is okay before publishing)
- user manager - capability of changing roles to other users, use it wisely!
- administrator - able to configure the website and theme
Archived Website Committee
The official home of the OSGeo Web Site Committee, includes the member list. If you have questions, want to learn more or feel like you can contribute (translations!) to the OSGeo main web site please subscribe to the WebCom mailing list.
Update:: November 2016 - This committee has been dissolved due to inactivity.
Historic Meeting Agendas and Minutes
Most recent first...
- May 08, 2008 WebCom Meeting 20080508
- May 30, 2007 WebCom Meeting 20070530
- May 09, 2007 WebCom Meeting 20070509
- May 02, 2007 WebCom Meeting 20070502
- March 21, 2007 WebCom Meeting 20070321
- March 07, 2007 WebCom Meeting 20070307
- February 07, 2007 WebCom Meeting 20070207
- January 31, 2007 WebCom Meeting 20070131
- October 25, 2006 WebCom Meeting 20061025
- October 11, 2006 WebCom Meeting 20061011
- September 20, 2006 WebCom Meeting 20060920
- August 30, 2006 WebCom Meeting 20060830
- August 23, 2006 WebCom Meeting 20060823
- August 2, 2006 WebCom Meeting 20060802
- July 19, 2006 WebCom Meeting 20060719
- July 5, 2006 WebCom Meeting 20060705
- May 17, 2006 WebCom Meeting 20060517
- April 5, 2006 WebCom Meeting 20060405
- March 29, 2006 WebCom Meeting 20060329
- March 22, 2006 WebCom Meeting 20060322
- March 15, 2006 WebCom Meeting 20060315
- March 9, 2006 WebCom Meeting 20060309
- WebCom Scope - Collaborative area discussion committee's focus
- WebCom OSGeo Site Focus - Collaborative area for designing site features, layout, etc. Based on the user focus being determined by VisCom at VisComTargets
- News Queue - Notes on the role of News Editor, and how the news items are maintained.
- Spotlights - About producing developer/project/etc spotlights for website.
- Drupal Portal - Notes on trasitioning www.osgeo.org to a Drupal based CMS.
- Web Migration Map - broader discussion of transitioning stuff off CN.
- Infrastructure Transition Plan - high level transition plan approved by board.
- Service Provider Directory - proposal for managing a service provider directory
- WebCom Mailing list
- Spam fighting