GvSIG Report 2017
gvSIG Report 2017
- Release of gvSIG Desktop 2.4 RC3 (29/09/2017).
- Release of the new gvSIG Mobile (22/11/2017)
- Development of gvSIG Crime.
- gvSIG Batoví (gvSIG Educa)
- Google Summer of Code 2017 participation.
- 13th International gvSIG Conference (Spain) 10/2017 (http://www.gvsig.com/es/eventos/jornadas-gvsig/13as-jornadas-gvsig)
- 2nd gvSIG Festival (virtual conference) 05/2017 (http://www.gvsig.com/es/eventos/gvsig-festival/2o-gvsig-festival)
- 9as Jornadas de Latinoamérica y Caribe de gvSIG (Brazil) 10/2017 (http://www.gvsig.com/es/eventos/jornadas-lac/2017)
- 4as Jornadas de México de gvSIG (México) 10/2017 (http://www.gvsig.com/es/eventos/jornadas-mexico/2017)
- Different conferences in universities (University of Vigo, Miguel Hernández University in Elche, UCM in Madrid)
Presentations at other conferences
- Sharing and Reuse Conference by European Commission (Lisbon – Portugal)
- NASA Europa Challenge (Helsinki Finland)
- GIS Day Sudan (University of Karthoum - Sudan)
- VI Conference in Memory of Petr Semyonov-Tyan-Shansky (Lipetsk - Russia)
- Space Apps Challenge of NASA (Valencia - Spain)
- VIII Jornadas Ibéricas de Infraestructuras de Datos Espaciales (Lisbon – Portugal)
- Visualizar’17: Migrations (Madrid - Spain)
- Iberflora 2017 (Plants and flowers trade fair in Valencia - Spain)
- I National Meeting of Geobloggers (Valencia - Spain)
- Ateneo Mercantil of Valencia (Valencia – Spain)
- CONAMA (Valencia – Spain)
- 1st prize in “Cross-border category” at “Sharing & Reuse Awards” of European Commission.
- “Europa Challenge” at Helsinki awarded by NASA to the gvSIG Suite in the “Professional” category.
- Excellence “Internationalization” Award given by the Professional Union of Valencia.
- “ITC Promoter organization” prize awarded by the Valencian Telecommunications.
Many papers that include gvSIG were published in scientific journals and conference proceedings in 2017: https://gvsig.org/web/docusr/divulgacion/articulos/
Opportunities to Help
There many ways to participate in the gvSIG project, with different levels of involvement, like:
- Participating on the mailing lists, for users as well as developers, in may languages.
- Testing the application.
- Doing translations of the gvSIG user interface, user and developer documentation and the gvSIG portal.
- Writing articles and case studies.
- Developing new addons.
You can find more information in the following page: http://www.gvsig.com/en/community
Outlook for 2018
Release of gvSIG Desktop 2.5 Improvements in gvSIG Mobile Events (Latin American, International,...)