Board Meeting 2020-04-14

From OSGeo
Revision as of 01:21, 27 April 2020 by Kalxas (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

This board meeting is scheduled Tuesday 14 April 2020 at 16:00 UTC through Jitsi, a record of motions is preserved on loomio and actions on osgeo todo issue tracker.


Current items

  1. roll call
    • appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  2. Review and approve past minutes
  3. FOSS4G 2020 (including members of ConfComm)
  4. potential affects of COVID-19 to OSGeo 2020 budget


  • Presiding: Till
  • Scribing: all
  • Attending: Angelos, Tom, Till, Codrina, Helena, Astrid, Vicky, Victoria, Mike
  • Guests: John Neufeld (FOSS4G 2020), Maria and Malena (FOSS4G 2021), Members of Conf-Commitee: Vasile Craciunescu, Mark Iliffle, Steven Feldman

Review and approve past minutes


FOSS4G 2020 status (including members of ConfComm)

  • LOC has decided to cancel the event.
  • 82k loss spent
  • Convert sponsors to OSGeo sponsors?
  • 250k to payoff the minimum of the contracts
    • 100 tickets for about 72k for ticket sales (easy to refund)
    • 58k from sponsors
  • (How) can we share the loses?
    • Discussion postponed to a board decision based on final numbers
    • John cares about the final number ASAP
  • What do do with sponsorship money
    • Codesprint sponsors is easy, because handled by OSGeo
    • FOSS4G 2020 sponsors is more difficult as they have a contract with Calgary LOC


  • Astrid will ask Maria and ask UN Committee whether challenges 2020 will take place [Done]
  • Till to check about backups and potential losses and agreements on BALOC 2021
  • Move action items to todo action list [Done]


  • none