Board Meeting 2020-04-14
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This board meeting is scheduled Tuesday 14 April 2020 at 16:00 UTC through Jitsi, a record of motions is preserved on loomio and actions on osgeo todo issue tracker.
- roll call
- appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
- Review and approve past minutes
- FOSS4G 2020 (including members of ConfComm)
- potential affects of COVID-19 to OSGeo 2020 budget
- Presiding: Till
- Scribing: all
- Attending: Angelos, Tom, Till, Codrina, Helena, Astrid, Vicky, Victoria, Mike
- Guests: John Neufeld (FOSS4G 2020), Maria and Malena (FOSS4G 2021), Members of Conf-Commitee: Vasile Craciunescu, Mark Iliffle, Steven Feldman
Review and approve past minutes
- Moved to Loomio: https://www.loomio.org/d/OWJ7X9xD/approve-meeting-minutes-from-board-meeting-2020-03-30
FOSS4G 2020 status (including members of ConfComm)
- LOC has decided to cancel the event.
- 82k loss spent
- Convert sponsors to OSGeo sponsors?
- 250k to payoff the minimum of the contracts
- 100 tickets for about 72k for ticket sales (easy to refund)
- 58k from sponsors
- (How) can we share the loses?
- Discussion postponed to a board decision based on final numbers
- John cares about the final number ASAP
- What do do with sponsorship money
- Codesprint sponsors is easy, because handled by OSGeo
- FOSS4G 2020 sponsors is more difficult as they have a contract with Calgary LOC
- Astrid will ask Maria and ask UN Committee whether challenges 2020 will take place [Done]
- Till to check about backups and potential losses and agreements on BALOC 2021
- Move action items to todo action list [Done]