British Columbia Chapter Report 2007
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
British Columbia Local Chapter
- Period covered by report: Jan-Dec 2007
- Contact name: Martin Kyle
- Held initial meeting of unofficial OSGeo chapter to gauge interest
- Twenty-two people in attendance linked across two geographies (Vancouver and Victoria)
- Democratically established direction for local chapter charter
- Setup Local Organizing Committees to individually plan alternating meetings for each location.
- Submitted charter and recieved official approval of local chapter
Areas for Improvement
- So new...nothing, everything.
- Probably need to relax Robert's Rules of Order a bit
Opportunities to Help
- Talked about organization of Prince George (and other) group to link into the BC meeting.
- Any interested people in that area with a Video Conference link could join in with Vancouver and Victoria.
- Presentation ideas welcome
- Currently focused around two streams: application and technical
Outlook for 2008
- Meetings held quarterly
- Presentations and project ideas to gel the community have begun.
- First real presentation-based meeting to be held February 29, 2008.
- Project possibilities include live demo and outreach program.