British Columbia Chapter Report 2007
Jump to navigation Jump to search
British Columbia Local Chapter
- Period covered by report: Jan-Dec 2007
- Contact name: Martin Kyle
- Held initial meeting of unofficial OSGeo chapter to gauge interest
- Twenty-two people in attendance linked across two geographies (Vancouver and Victoria)
- Democratically established direction for local chapter charter
- Setup Local Organizing Committees to individually plan alternating meetings for each location.
- Submitted charter and recieved official approval of local chapter
Areas for Improvement
- So new...nothing, everything.
- Probably need to relax Robert's Rules of Order a bit
Opportunities to Help
- Talked about organization of Prince George (and other) group to link into the BC meeting.
- Any interested people in that area with a Video Conference link could join in with Vancouver and Victoria.
- Presentation ideas welcome
- Currently focused around two streams: application and technical
Outlook for 2008
- Meetings held quarterly
- Presentations and project ideas to gel the community have begun.
- First real presentation-based meeting to be held February 29, 2008.
- Project possibilities include live demo and outreach program.