Geodata Committee Meeting 20060322
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Public Geospatial Data Committee Meeting 2006-Mar-22
Chair: Jo Walsh Minutes: Need volunteer IRC: #osgeo channel on irc.freenode.org Date: 2006-Mar-22 (at least in the Americas and Europe) Time: Wednesday March 22, 15:00 UTC
- Who are in the Committee?
- Discuss focus of group - accessing data versus enabling tools for creating data or something in between?
- How to take stock of what is available? Are we aiming to have a repository of data or pointers to external data?
- Outreach - if people are working on repository efforts already, how can we connect with them?
- Geodata licensing is a pressing issue. The Public Geodata license has invoked calls for an LPGL model without a ShareAlike constraint. Can we start a working group on this?
- Schedule next committee meeting
- Please Add Agenda Items
- Attendance: Jo Walsh, Frank Warmerdam, David Bitner, Jeff McKenna, Alan Doyle, Schuyler Erle, Markus Neteler, fkindl?