The mission of the Irish OSGeo Local Chapter is to promote the development and use of free open-source software within the Irish geospatial community. The Irish LOC will also serve to promote GIS Education using OSGeo software in Irish third-level institutions and industry.
- To increase and promote awareness of OSGeo Software within the Irish geospatial (industry & research) community.
- To provide a forum to discuss and gain experience with OSGeo Software
- To help educate people in the use of OSGeo Software in Ireland.
People interested in forming part of the Irish Local Chapter should include their names below:
- Daniel McInerney (Coillte Teoranta)
- Peter Mooney (Environmental Protection Agency)
- Mel McIntyre (OpenApp)
- Dave Corley (OpenStreetMap Ireland)
- Ozan Emem (Compass Informatics)
- Mark Foley (Dublin Institute of Technology)
- Declan Dunne (University College Cork)
- Brian O'Hare (Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team)
- Magdalene Marron (Coillte Teoranta)
- Pádraig Fitzmaurice ( EPA Ireland/Compass Informatics )
- mailing list: http://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ireland
List of Meetings
The following is an informal list of potential items to address
- Formalise Irish LOC's mission statement and objectives
- Organise Irish Local Chapter Meet-up
Establish mailman list
- Logo (?)