OSGeo Sponsorship Page
This page now redundant and available in final form at: http://www.osgeo.org/sponsorship
Help Sponsor OSGeo
OSGeo is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing a reliable home for open source geospatial software. It also serves as a vehicle for promoting open source software and is a place where the community can gather to drive ahead innovations and maturation of the technologies we collectively share.
Although we have a tremendous volunteer community -- including corporations as well as indviduals -- involved in the advancement of open source technologies, some things still have hard costs. To cover these costs we need your help. Your support will help ensure that OSGeo will be a sustainable and healthy organization representing open source geospatial technologies long into the future.
Why Sponsor OSGeo
- Organizations Depend on OSGeo Software - Many companies and government agencies use OSGeo technologies in their day-to-day work that allow them to compete or deliver services in an efficient and timely manner. Sustaining their own current operations into the future therefore depends on the success of OSGeo and a commensurate relationship with the organization.
- Communities of Practice Adopt OSGeo Software - Communities representing a wide range of domains, from professional associations to non-government organizations, leverage OSGeo software as a critical component of their end-user applications. These organizations have an interest in ensuring the software can be sustained into the future, and wish to be seen to be supporting their members' software selection.
- Open Source Adoption of Open Standards and Other Priorities - Some of OSGeo's primary goals and objectives are consistent with other organizations' missions and goals. Sponsorship can become a means of furthering these goals by supporting a like-minded organization.
- Market Benefits of Supporting OSGeo - Organizations, especially companies, increasingly recognize the benefit of being supportive of open source in the marketplace. Generally speaking, they wish to be seen as friendly to open source and sponsoring OSGeo provides a means of adding credibility to their image.
- Visibility - All marketing and communications organizations are interested in maximizing positive visibility in the marketplace. Sponsorship provides a mechanism for associated visibility with OSGeo such as logos on booths, web sites and other marketing collateral.
- Networking Opportunity - All organizations value opportunities to meet with like-minded individuals. Meeting around a common supported cause with other OSGeo sponsors and volunteers is a great way to build stronger links and expand your organization's network of contacts.
Foundation sponsorships are available on an annual basis and offered to organizations at four different funding levels.
One strength of OSGeo is its ability to operate at arm's length from any organization and, therefore, from any individual sponsor. Every sponsor is an important part of OSGeo, no matter what funding level they commit to. For this reason the benefits offered to sponsors do not compromise impartiality, which helps keep OSGeo free from control by any one influence. This is critical to the success of all organizations that partner with OSGeo.
In recognition of the various levels of sponsor contributions, each sponsor receives particular benefits. The benefits are outlined below and are cumulative as the amounts increase (higher levels include lower level benefits as well).
- Top Visibility on the OSGeo Sponsors web page
- Key OSGeo marketing materials feature your organization's logo
- At promotion events, your organization's logo is displayed as part of the OSGeo Booth
- Right to First Sponsorship Selection for the Annual OSGeo International Conference
- Full-page Promotional Space on a personalized OSGeo Sponsor Page (content subject to OSGeo approval)
- Promotional Space on an OSGeo Principal Sponsor Page (content subject to OSGeo approval)
- Right to Sponsorship Selection for the Annual OSGeo International Conference (after Sustaining Sponsors)
- Joint Press Release with OSGeo to announce Sponsorship
- Invitation to Sponsor Information Exchange Event with Board of Directors following annual OSGeo International Conference
- Invitation to Sponsor Networking Event with OSGeo Board of Directors and other invited guests following annual OSGeo International Conference
- Right to use OSGeo Sponsor logo and promote named sponsorship level
- Sponsor is promoted on the OSGeo Sponsors web page, with link to sponsor's Web site
How to Sponsor
To sponsor OSGeo or discuss sponsorship opportunities further, please contact:
- Arnulf Christl, President
- Open Source Geospatial Foundation
- Email: arnulf at osgeo.org
- Phone: +491722958004