Paris Code Sprint 2016 : XP
- Using only TOSPrint is not enough
- OSGeo discuss mailing list
- Tweeter (and if possible with a dedicated account for the event)
- Projects ML wanted to reach
- #TOSPrint should have been replaced by something like #CodeSprint #OSGeo (who reminds that TO refers to Toronto ?)
- When you speak about money, far more people listen. And so was also a way to promote this event (through funding stuff).
- Use one mail time to time with several points stacked, increase chances to be read.
- We avoid every time we could to interrupt the whole sprint at once (for speechs, announces and so on…). Sponsors could have a kakemono, but no dedicated time for a speech. No D1 welcome speech, nor ending one on D4…
- Forget any kind of evening event not strictly related to code and projects, nobody care.
- D2 evening is a good timing to let everyone talk about what he do.
It let time enough to anyone to really get in.
- Projects tables plan been design with bridges care in mind.
- Keep the best evening place affordable, for the last evening.
(and try to make every day better than the one before)
- Staying on the event sprint on at least one evening is a really good idea.
D2 choice was a good one. (maybe D1 could be, but for sure, not D3).
- If the venue allow that, find a solution to open the main room on early morning.
- Evening places must allow to communicate easily in small groups.
Food and drink
- Quality and variety of food and drink was really targeted. To be noticed that attendees noticed it.
- For a next edition keep in mind that ~10% of attendees are vegetarian. Here, some meals were veggie’s proof, but not alls…
- Open bar on evening time is appreciated (what a surprise).
- Organizing such an event in a different city from those you live in, is somehow a bit touchy.
- Attendees expected that D1 morning breakfast would be already available. And it wasn’t.
- We really miss one or two rooms, big enough for 10-12 peoples. For meetings.
- Badges was a good idea, something to keep on such a big group.
Color code related to projects, on badges, to. But forget to communicate on the color code a bit pity. Keep in mind that badges can’t stop to flip and print name on both sides.
Note for myself
- Already being tired at D0, wasn’t such a good idea.