QGIS Incubation Status
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Has the project been approved for incubation by the OSGeo board?
- Yes. See IncCom thread and board minutes.
- * http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/incubator/2007-February/000620.html
- * http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Twenty_Fifth_Board_Meeting
- Has an Incubation Mentor been assigned to the project?
- Yes, Bob Bray has been assigned mentor to the project.
Note, for each of the following it isn't necessary to move to foundation infrastructure, but if you aren't a reason should be provided.
- Has the projectname.osgeo.org domain been populated with the projects web presence?
- No, a request to WebCom has not been made. There is a link to the QGIS website on the OSGeo front page.
- Is the OSGeo bug tracker being used for the project?
- No, the project is in the middle of a release cycle and moving the bug tracker would be too disruptive at this point.
- Is the OSGeo mailing list manager (http://lists.osgeo.org/) being used for the project?
- No, current mailing lists are working well and we are waiting for filling of new QGIS Community Advisor role before migrating any web presence.
- Is the OSGeo SVN being used for the project?
- No, the project is in the middle of a release cycle and moving SVN would be too disruptive at this point.
- Are binary and source downloads available from http://download.osgeo.org ?
- No, a request to WebCom for this has not been made.
- Is there a functioning user support mechanisms (ie. mailing list)?
- There are both user and developer mailing lists and a forum. All are in active use and seem to serve the community fairly well
- Are source and binary downloads for the package available?
- Has a Project Steering Committee been formed, and given control of the project?
- Yes the PSC consists of five members (we have one vacancy). Current members are:
* Marco Hugentobler - Technical Advisor * Tim Sutton - Release Manager * Otto Dassau - Community Advisor * Gary Sherman - Chairperson
- Does the Project Steering Committee have documentation on project procedures for PSC decisions, contributor guidelines, etc.
- Yes, documents can be found on the wiki at http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/ProjectSteeringCommittee as well as the main page (http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki).
- How many active developers are there? Are they from multiple organizations?
- There are currently 5 active developers, all from various organizations. Most contribute personal time rather than that of their organization.
- Have project documents been updated to reflect membership in the foundation, and the relationship of the project to the foundation?
- Not yet. This will be done once the PSC elections are complete.
- Has an effort been made to brand the project web site with OSGeo foundation web styling and branding marks?
- Not yet. This will be done once the PSC elections are complete. The OSGeo banner/logo will be placed on the website.
Code Copyright Review
- Has a Code Provenance Review document been prepared for the project?
- Have issues raised in the provenance review been adequately addressed?
- indicate outstanding issues.
- Are Commiter Responsibilities Guidelines covering legal issues in place?
- These are not formally established, however developers understand the need to comply with the project license as well as not include copyrighted code that is restricted in use.