Jump to navigation Jump to search
SWOT Analysis, is a strategic planning tool used to evaluate the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats involved in a project or in a business venture. It involves specifying the objective of the business venture or project and identifying the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective (from Wikipedia).
This is a list of the internal Strengths of OSGeo, things that it can benefit from
- The Communities' members are active and enthusiastic
- OSGeo is targeted towards offering Free Open Source Geospatial Software
Things the organization should be aware of, internal risks that can slow down OSGeo's development.
- Different opinions if or not commercializing the OSGeo brand
External factors that can help Widespread of OSGeo.
- GNU/Linux is encouraging people to think more about open-source.
- Popularization of Google Maps has made people more aware of the use of Geospatial Tools and spatial data.
External facts that are potential threats to OSGeo.
- US export restrictions which may block the diffusion of parts of the OSGeo software stack