Toronto Code Sprint 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
We (Tom Kralidis) are currently searching for a suitable venue in Toronto that combines reasonably priced accommodation with a meeting room for sprinting and proximity to Toronto night life in the downtown area.
When: Mid-February to Mid-March, 2009.
Duration: Around four days.
Get together project members to make decisions and tackle larger problems. We have chosen a mid-North American location because this code sprint is targeting members of the "C Tribe" (eg, Mapserver, GDAL, Proj, PostGIS, MapGuide) and many members of the "C Tribe" are clustered in the area. Toronto is also a major travel hub, for sprinters traveling from afar. Other tribes are welcome to join the sprint, of course, but we hope that "C Tribe" members will give this event special consideration.
Participants should plan for the following costs:
- Travel to Toronto, variable depending on where you are.
- Accommodation for four nights, $180 to $500 depending on whether you room share.
- Shared venue cost, $50 to $0 depending on whether we can arrange sponsors.
- Meals. Dinners at least, we may be able to cover lunches if we can find sponsors.
We are planning for attendance of 20-40. Please add your name and the projects you are hoping to sprint on, if you have a strong intention to attend. If there are dates in our tentative range you cannot attend, please note them next to your entry.
- Paul Ramsey (PostGIS, Mapserver, Proj) (unable to attend March 13-16)
- Tom Kralidis
- Frank Warmerdam (GDAL/OGR, PROJ.4, MapServer, QGIS, OSGeo4W) (March is better than February)
- Thomas Bonfort (mapserver)