PROPOSED AGENDA: June 3rd
Always feel free to recommend changes or additions ( or make additions yourself )
- 5.45pm: ONLINE LOBBY (https://meet.jit.si/OSGeoAlbertaChapterMonthlyMeetup)
- Phone: 647.243.6108 | MeetingID: 2203355915
- 6.00pm: Attendee Introductions
- OSGeo Alberta Chapter intro: Slide Deck - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C3Ab4Hch04Cr5gvgE-wd1OFCRTwVMkMb/view?usp=sharing ( We'll cover the first 5 slides - super quick )
- 6.15pm: Any updates or proposals on projects
Please feel free to come forward with your projects, initiatives, or even questions.
- Randal Hale will present Using QGIS and PostGIS in a Small City Government
- Henry County TN was using a Commercial GIS to Manage their addresses and other information related to Emergency Services. In 2018 they moved to QGIS/PostGIS To manage these data layers and maintain their address data. Overall the move upgraded their existing capability and saved the small government several thousand dollars in the process.
- Randy is a well known QGIS evangelist and head of North River Geographic Systems working out of Tennessee.
- Checkout the NRGS Blog
This event is open to all. Feel free to bring your topics, projects, or presentations.
Some suggestions from the chapter for presentations include:
- Show us your side hustle
- Bring us your problems ( stuff you're working on and issues )
- Teach something new ( OS Geo projects or other ).