Jump to navigation Jump to search
Minutes: October 7
- 5.45pm: ONLINE LOBBY (https://meet.jit.si/OSGeoAlbertaChapterMonthlyMeetup)
- Phone: 647.243.6108 | MeetingID: 2203355915
- 6.00pm: Attendee Introductions
- Stefan, Karang, Wendy, Ashok, Scott (I think I've missed one or more attendees but my notes are terrible )
- No talks scheduled.
- Stefan brought a handful of items for discussion or information for the group:
- GoGeomatics Wetland mapping (https://gogeomatics.ca/event/wetland-mapping-qgis-tem/?utm_source=GoGeomatics+Canada+Newsletter&utm_campaign=70819de25a-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_02_27_COPY_02&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_4512ec0c46-70819de25a-53818093)
- Save our Parks campaign - a number of mapping and awareness initiatives including from Tanya Yeomans - one of our own - who'd presented her Parks Stories map project in an earlier meeting.
- We talked a bit around using Slack for technical questions (some are not super comfortable in that arena)
- Ashok agreed to present at the Nov meeting for a few minutes.
Finished up around 7.30ish, I believe.
This event is open to all. Feel free to bring your topics, projects, or presentations.
Some suggestions from the chapter for presentations include:
- Show us your side hustle
- Bring us your problems ( stuff you're working on and issues )
- teach something new ( OS Geo projects or other ).