Jump to navigation Jump to search
Minutes : July 7, 2021
- 5.45pm: ONLINE LOBBY (https://meet.jit.si/OSGeoAlbertaChapterMonthlyMeetup)
- Phone: 647.243.6108 | MeetingID: 2203355915
- 6.00pm: Attendee Introductions
- Scott, Stefan, Ashok
- We have no presentations currently planned. Feel free to reach out either on the OSGeo mailing list, or you can reach me at email@example.com.
- Stefan Price will probably have some stuff ( he usually does ).
- Following: Any chapter business or discussion.
- We are discussing bringing on GIS/Geospatial projects which members can take on or assist with. This meeting we will talk about how we might want to first capture, then track and engage with projects.
- We've had two suggestions for GIS projects which would be useful for local non-profit groups. We can use those - or any other proposals which come forward - as examples as we determine how to move forward on this initiative.
- Scott reach out to Tanya on Arts center project
- Scott make inquiry on attaching "mentors" ( folks who would make an hour per week/mo/whatever aailable to support a project ) to projects
- Scott reach out for BA's who would want to help sus out the needs of the stakeholder groups
- Ask Tanya to help coordinate the talk with the Calgary Without Cars team
- We will not solicit further projects for the time being
- want to be sure not to take up stakeholder time if nothing produced
- Try to have mentors "phase" the projects so newcomers can assess their ability to take it on
- Chat & any proposed Chapter business or initiatives
This event is open to all. Feel free to bring your topics, projects, or presentations.
Some suggestions from the chapter for presentations include:
- Show us your side hustle
- Bring us your problems ( stuff you're working on and issues )
- teach something new ( OS Geo projects or other ).