Australia/New Zealand Chapter Report 2012
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Contact name: Jody Garnett
- Held FOSS4G-AU_2012 un-conference" for the region. The event was a great success drawing members from around the Country. The first day featured a wide range of talks and discussions. The second day was devoted to a successful code-sprint.
- Several **Meetups** held in the Brisbane Area with representation from the QuantumGIS and uDig communities
- Our members have been active with the Melb Open GIS meet up group - relevant presentation topics included OSGeo software (eg qGIS, uDIG, OpenLayers) and report back from FOSS4G conference.
Areas for Improvement
- Promotion at area conferences and the like
- Promote FOSS GIS at non-OSGEO events
- Identify Australasian exemplars as case studies to leverage on
Opportunities to Help
- Pass on our details to interested parties
Outlook for 2013
- Down Under at FOSS4G2013?
- Events to target/market FOSS GIS tools
- eg: Maori GIS hui