Board Meeting 2009-01-09
Communication will be using Skype voice, initiated by
Tyler Arnulf. Be sure to give him your Skype username.
- Appoint meeting secretary
- Review and approve Board Meeting 2008-12-12 minutes.
- Motion: Award FOSS4G2010 Conference Hosting to Barcelona, Spain team - see message to board
- Approve Poland Local Chapter - see this request
- Approve United Kingdom Local Chapter - see their Terms of Reference
- Approve Chris Schmidt as WebCom chair  - WebCom already happily approved.
- Sponsorship strategy and updates from board
- Update from Tyler
- Confirm 2009-02-06 as date for the next meeting
- add new items here....
- IRC logs are here starting at 08:00.
- Attending: Arnulf, Markus, Ari, Howard, Paul, Bob
- Paul taking minutes, Arnulf chairing
- Review minutues Board_Meeting_2008-12-12
- Arnulf moves approval, Howard seconds, APPROVED: previous minutes approved
- Approve Barcelona as 2010 FOSS4G site
- Arnulf notes that approval was already given via e-mail process
- APPROVED: Barcelona approved as 2010 FOSS4G site
- Add Poland Local Chapter
- Ari moves to accept, Arnulf seconds, APPROVED: local chapter for Poland approved
- Add UK Local Chapter
- Arnulf moves to accept, Paul seconds, APPROVED: local chapter for UK approved
- Chris Schmidt to head WebCom
- WebCom has already indicated their approval
- Arnulf moves to accept, Howard seconds, APPROVED: Chris Schmidt approved as WebCom chair
- Discussion of sponsorship and finding sponsors
- Status update from Arnulf
- Status update from Ari
- General question from Arnulf about effectiveness of current procedure
- Set date for next meeting: February 6, 2009
- Arnulf moves, Bob seconds, APPROVED: Next board meeting will be February 6, 2009
- Howard questions, "what board members are going to the Toronto Code Sprint 2009?
- Paul, Frank, Howard
- Arnulf suggests having a board meeting during that period so some folks can be in the same room and others skyped in.
- General agreement.
- Close of meeting
- Arnulf moves to close, second Paul, meeting adjourns.