Board Meeting 2009-07-09
Communication will be using Skype voice, initiated by Tyler. Be sure to give him your Skype username. Last minute changes will be announced on the board list.
- Please add to the agenda and also communicate on IRC and mail before the actual meeting.
- Appoint meeting secretary
- Discuss and approve FOSS4G 2010 contract
- Discuss election process. Someone please start a discussion page on the Wiki and add the link here. Also read the mails.)
- add your topics
Full IRC Logs available (starting time 07h00. Meeting scheduled for Skype, but switched to IRC due to connection troubles.
- Attended: Arnulf, Bob, Frank, Jo, Paul, Tyler
- Tyler volunteers to take minutes
- FOSS4G 2009 contract discussions. Arnulf led discussion about what is needed to make sure that all are fine with the contract before signing it.
- Lorenzo is not available at present to proxy the changes. Paul and group contributes ideas for improving the contract.
- Arnulf to lead making the changes and starting dialogue with PCO.
- Member and Board election/nomination processes for 2009.
- Jo introduced several ideas earlier on a Board mailing list thread - attempting to open up membership on the one hand, and to simplify the two-round election into a one-round one on the other
- Discussed role of elections officer (aka Chief Returning Officer) to oversee process. Someone not running for re-election.
- Jo: The easiest way would be to vote on new charter members and new board members all at once - but this would mean a fresh batch of charters would not have the direct chance to vote for the board in their first year of membership
- Paul volunteered to oversee the process, starting approximately September 1st, with the view to have final vote results before FOSS4G. He is able to help run it because he planned to step down this year.
- Discussed ideal candidates for Board members: (committed AND passionate for making OSGeo successful). Board, and others, to start thinking of good nominees.
- Discussed who is remaining on, who is resigning from and who is standing for re-election to the board. All board members please inform the rest if they hope to continue as a director.
- Updates from Tyler:
- Annual Report going out shortly. Last chance to fit in missing reports.
- Working sponsorship renewal invoices and other financial updates
- Looking at accountant and new conference calling options. Marketing continuing, branding on website ideas still on the table.
- Potential sponsor followup.
- Next meeting first week again: [Board Meeting 2009-08-06]
- Meeting adjorned after 56 minutes.