Board Meeting 2016-2-11
This board meeting is scheduled for the 11th of February 2016 at 14.00 UTC through IRC and follow up voting by email.
- roll call
- appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
- Review face-to-face meeting: Board Face to Face Meeting 2016
- GSoC 2016 Mentor Organization Application
- Budget Plan 2016
- OSGeo UN Committee progress
- FOSS4G 2016. Planning for OSGeo Booth
- OSGeo supporting GWF2016 - define the theme of the OSGeo event
- OSGeo representation at FOSS4G NA in Raleigh
- add items
Items from past meetings
- Operational Budget
- 2016 Strategic Plan
- MS - Michael Smith
- VC - Vasile Craciunescu
- MC - Massimiliano Cannata
- HM - Helena
- JG - Jody Garnett
- SS - Sanghee Sin
- VR - Venkastesh Raghavan
- DF - Dirk Frigne
- AG - Anita Grase
- Presiding: Venka
- Scribing: Jody
Motions here are to be confirmed by email for public record.
See [ email thread] on the Board list.
|venka/dirkf: delay accepting the f2f minutes until they are complete||venka, dirk, michael, Vasile, helena||jgarnett||rejected|
|venka/michael: Update wiki and complete review of f2f minuets by 25 Feb||venka,michael, jgrnett, sanghee, helena, vasile, dirk||pending||link to f2f minutes|
|venka/helena: Have madi and Anne to manage the GSoC application||venka, helena, Vasile michael, dirk, sanghee||pending|
|dirk/venka: Update 2016 operational budget to $75k||dirk, venka, helena, mdsmith, vaslie||jody||pending||(proposed budget follows below)|
|venka/sanghee: Finalize Budget by 12 Feb||sanghee, jody, venka, helena, Vasile, dirk, micheal||pending||(proposed budget follows below)|
|venka/anita: approve maxi and maria to represent OSGeo at UN meeting||venka, anita, dirkf, sanghee, michael, jgarnett vasile||pending|
|jody/venka: Propose 10 March meeting||jody, venka, sanghee, dirk||pending|
Tabled for email discussion
- FOSS4G 2016 Planning for OSGeo Booth, see FOSS4G_2016_OSGeo_Booth, dirkf has volunteered to create a list of volunteers (although we may wish to delegate to local osgeo community?)
- email thread: OSGeo supporting GWF2016 - define the theme of the OSGeo event
- Organizing OSGeo representation at FOSS4G NA in Raleigh
- Dirk: 2016 budget Friday Feb 12th
- Jody: Ask Rob to attending next board meeting for a foss4gna update
|Board meeting 11/2/2016||Amount||Jan–August||Sept–dec||(Budget Increase)||Notes|
|1. Admin||9.000,00||6000||3000||(4500)||administration overhead|
|3. SAC||12.800,00||9633||3167||(10800)||infrastructure and online presence|
|4. Outreach||15.000||12500||2500||(13000)||starter kits, LiveDVD/USB, Marketing, OSGeo Student Awards|
|5. Travel||15.000||7500||7500||(11000)||director & president travel - facilitate interaction with external parties (UN, OGC,...)|
|6. Events||20.000||5666||14334||(11000)||OSGeo internal (townhall, codesprint, ) and external (e.g.. ISPRS, EGU, GWF...) events|
|Total||75.000||40.933||34.067||(50.300)||This represents a 50k increase on last years budget|
This is the 2016 operating budget for OSGeo, prior to this baseline being set the board set a $150k floor (allowing for a year of minimal operating expenses ($50k) and two failed foss4g conferences ($50k x 2).
This is the 2016 operating budget for OSGeo, it does not cover:
- Multi-year costs associated with our annual FOSS4G conference.
- Budgets associated with individual projects (OpenLayers, MapServer, ...) are under their direction of their associated PSC.
OSGeo stepped down from playing an active role during our application for US 501(c)(4) status - we are now ready to take on this responsibility for committees and projects.
If your project or committee is interested in fundraising for an activity please ask the nearest board member for details on how we can help.