Board Meeting 2016-3-10
This board meeting is scheduled for the 10th of March 2016 at 14.00 UTC through IRC and follow up voting by email.
- roll call
- appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
- Budget Plan 2016
- Process for handling Code Sprint request
- Support for QGIS HackFest at Girona
- Status update on handling Service Provider page and OpenHUB requests
- Update on Survey regarding OSGeo Strategic Plan
- Update on OSGeo Seal Contest
- Update Sponsorship and clarifying Project Sponsorship Category
- FOSS4G 2016 update
- FOSS4G 2017 seed funding approval
- OSGeo Finland Chapter approval
- foss4gna update
- Funding QGIS Codesprint/Developers meeting - QGIS HackFest, Girona
- UCGIS MOU update
- add items
Items from past meetings
- Review face-to-face meeting: Board Face to Face Meeting 2016
- Attending: Venka, Anita, Dirk, Jody, Helena, Vasile
- Presiding: Venka
- Scribing: Vasile
Motions here are to be confirmed by email for public record.
|MOT0: Approve prior meeting minutes from February 2016||Jody, Venka, Vasile, Dirk, Helena||Anita||Yes|
|MOT1: Accept Budget Plan 2016||Venka, Dirk, Anita, Helena, Vasile, Jody||Yes|
|MOT2: Approve 1000 USD as intreim budget for Marketing committee by e-mail vote||Venka, Dirk, Helena, Jody, Vasile, Anita||Yes|
|MOT3: Review existing procedure for Code Sprint support and discuss need for any change by e-mail||Venka, Anita, Helena, Vasile, Dirk, Jody||Yes|
|MOT4: Seek clarification form QGIS hackfest organizers and decide about support by email||Venka, Anita, Helena, Vasile, Dirk, Jody||Yes|
|Email MOT4.1: OSGeo 2000 EUR sponsorship of QGIS Hackfest||Michael, Jody, Helena, Dirk. Venka, Anita, Sanghee||Maxi||passed||as per event website|
|Email MOT4.2: Provide further support of up to 2000 EUR to share risk for the QGIS User and Developer Conference||Michael, Jody, Helena, Dirk, Venka, Anita||Maxi, Sanghee||passed||Shared risk with organizers|
|MOT5: Proceed with Seal Design voting process||Venka, Anita, Helena, Vasile, Dirk, Jody||Yes|
|MOT6: Approve Finland OSGeo Chapter||Venka, Anita, Helena, Vasile, Dirk, Jody||Yes|
|MOT7: Seek additional clarifications and attend to this agenda item by e-mail within 7 working days||Venka, Jody, Anita, Helena, Dirk, Vasile||Yes||subject: FOSS4G 2017 seed funding approval|
|MOT8: Schedule next IRC meeting for April 14th||Venka, Jody, Helena, Anita, Vasile||Yes|
- Venka, Jody, Anita: seek clarification from QGIS hackfest organizers and bring tit up to the board ML
|Board meeting 11/2/2016||Amount||Jan–August||Sept–dec||(Budget Increase)||Notes|
|1. Admin||9.000,00||6000||3000||(4500)||administration overhead|
|3. SAC||12.800,00||9633||3167||(10800)||infrastructure and online presence|
|4. Outreach||15.000||12500||2500||(13000)||starter kits, LiveDVD/USB, Marketing, OSGeo Student Awards|
|5. Travel||15.000||7500||7500||(11000)||director & president travel - facilitate interaction with external parties (UN, OGC,...)|
|6. Events||20.000||10000||10000||(11000)||OSGeo internal (townhall, codesprint, ) and external (e.g.. ISPRS, EGU, GWF...) events|
|Total||75.000||47.766||27.234||(50.300)||This represents a 50k increase on last years budget|
This is the 2016 operating budget for OSGeo, prior to this baseline being set the board set a $150k floor (allowing for a year of minimal operating expenses ($50k) and two failed foss4g conferences ($50k x 2).
This is the 2016 operating budget for OSGeo, it does not cover:
- Multi-year costs associated with our annual FOSS4G conference.
- Budgets associated with individual projects (OpenLayers, MapServer, ...) are under their direction of their associated PSC.
OSGeo stepped down from playing an active role during our application for US 501(c)(4) status - we are now ready to take on this responsibility for committees and projects.
If your project or committee is interested in fundraising for an activity please ask the nearest board member for details on how we can help.