Board Meeting 2019-04-29
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Minutes
Items in italic are recurring at each meeting.
- roll call
- appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
- Review and approve past minutes
- Code of conduct committee request to adopt "live" code of conduct document so we do not need to maintain our own.
- Incubation update: PROJ has applied to join the incubation program
- CLA - how to handle people from companies, that are dissolved like Boundless
- discuss MoU with Geotech https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MOU_GeoTech
- FOSS4G meeting planning and travel arrangements
- Presiding: Jody
- Scribing: Angelos
Review and approve past minutes
MOT1: Accept minutes for https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2019-03-25
- Jody +1 (initial motion)
- Angelos +1 (seconded)
- Helena +0
- Maria +1
- Astrid +0
- Michael +1
Motion moved to Loomio: https://www.loomio.org/d/wUjRk1N3/approve-meeting-minutes-from-board-meeting-2019-03-25
Code of conduct committee request
Code of conduct committee request to adopt "live" code of conduct document so we do not need to maintain our own.
- The idea of changing the CoC for one live is to share it with other communities that can debug and improve it. We can adapt and modify if we don't like some update.
- Both alternatives are considered.
- Discussion about document versioning and process to adapt.
ACTION1: Maria make a diff of live CoC
Incubation update: PROJ has applied to join the incubation program
- Discussion about the process of PROJ incubation. Mike is the mentor.
- The board thanks the incubation committee warmly.
CLA - how to handle people from companies, that are dissolved like Boundless
- Individuals can sign a CLA their new employer can sign a CLA
- Discussion about the need to have companies signing CLAs instead of just contributors.
- Individuals can sign a CLA for work they do on their own time. Their employer needs to sign that they have permission to make those contributions "on company time".
Discuss MoU with Geotech
- "with reduced or waived registration fees" <-- is this an obligation we are taking on with an expectation that foss4g events will offer a discount to GeoTech as a partner?
- If an MOU does not mention a partner participating in open source then we need to negotiate
- Also we would like to clarify the reduced fees