Board Meeting 2021-01-25
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Minutes
- 2.1 Review and approve past minutes
- 2.2 2021 Budget approval
- 2.3 OSGeo/FOSS4G Sponsoring issues
- 2.4 FOSS research Foundations
- 2.5 Response to GDAL support email
- 2.6 OSGeo-HOT boards meeting update and follow up
- 2.7 Response to Bloomberg contact request - did QGIS follow up?
- 2.8 GeoNetwork inquiry on Elasticsearch SSL license change, can this still be used for geonetwork 4?
- 3 Actions
- 4 IRC Log
- roll call
- appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
- Review and approve past minutes
- 2021 Budget approval  
- OSGeo/FOSS4G Sponsoring issues
- FOSS research Foundations
- OSGeo-HOT boards meeting update and follow up
- response to GDAL support email
- response to Bloomberg contact request - did QGIS follow up?
- GeoNetwork inquiry on Elasticsearch SSL license change, can this still be used for geonetwork 4?
- Presiding: Till
- Scribing: Till, Mike
- Attending: Codrina, Michele, Helena, Astrid, Till, Mike, Angelos, Tom, Vicky (later), Jody (guest for the GDAL topic)
Review and approve past minutes
- Motion passed on Loomio: https://www.loomio.org/d/XBW42QJZ/approve-meeting-minutes-from-board-meeting-2020-12-28
- Motion passed on Loomio: https://www.loomio.org/d/6R7BcrlA/approve-meeting-minutes-from-board-meeting-2021-01-18
2021 Budget approval
- in budget call next year make clear, that there is no money to take over (again!)
- small change in GRASS GIS budget
- cut budget for SAC for 1 contract (4400 US $) and ask them to come back during the year if this is needed.
- dedicate 5000$ for travel grant programme and look if FOSS4G Argentina is onside, no support for regional events
- board agrees with the budget
- Action: Angelos to update the WIKI and open the motion on loomio (done)
- Motion passed on Loomio: https://www.loomio.org/d/XenD58Tj/review-and-approve-osgeo-budget-for-2021
OSGeo/FOSS4G Sponsoring issues
- Astrid proposes to create a working group on sponsorship as it is hard to get that finalized during the board meetings
- Astrid proposes to work on the already written tickets during the code sprint
- Camptocamp requested whether development is valuable as sponsorship, discussion on how to deal with this.
- Work is hard to value, because many people contribute in several ways to projects
- important to keep the door open for companies sponsoring OSGeo with money
- Action: Astrid to create a doodle for the first meeting for the sponsors group
FOSS research Foundations
- Astrid forwarded an email from Martin Michlmayr who sent a questioniare and asked us for help in his work on a report on FOSS Foundations
- Action: Codrina to have a closer look on this questionaire
Response to GDAL support email
- discussion on this email, Angelos proposed to receive sponnsorship via the OSGeo github repo
- probably a problem for a lot of groups in our community, proposal to setup a kind of structure to support these groups in case of such an emergency
- topic is connected to the sponsorship issue (see above)
OSGeo-HOT boards meeting update and follow up
- meeting on collaboration OSGeo with HOT
- goal of HOT is to map 1 billion people
- scope of co-operation is to support this project on a long term basis (financing is only for 5 years save)
- preparation of MoU
- frequent meeting every 3 months to keep in touch
Response to Bloomberg contact request - did QGIS follow up?
- Helena asks whether there was a response
- Action: Helena to follow up here
GeoNetwork inquiry on Elasticsearch SSL license change, can this still be used for geonetwork 4?
- take up in an email (brought up by Jody)
- some of our projects are based on Elastic Search, so probably need to get rid of it
- the meeting was held on Jitsy