Board Meeting 2023-04-25
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- roll call
- appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
- Review and approve past minutes
- MoU between OSGEO Foundation, FLOSSK (FOSS4G 2023 LOC) and Municipality of Prizren
- AGM preparations
- Global Land Tool Network (GLTN) Secretariat at UN-Habitat request
- QGIS 2023 Code sprint
- Geo Week 2024
- OSGeo Oceania Travel Grant
- OSGeo participation in the ODOK workshop
- Sponsor communication [todo:#154]
- BIDS 2023 Code sprint
- Add your topic here
- Presiding: Codrina
- Scribing: Angelos
- Attending: Michael, Codrina, Vicky, Angelos, Ariel, Rajat
- Guests: Jody
Review and approve past minutes
- Motion passed on Loomio: https://www.loomio.com/p/8CTRnEcD/motion-to-approve-meeting-minutes-from-board-meeting-2023-03-28
MoU between OSGEO Foundation, FLOSSK (FOSS4G 2023 LOC) and Municipality of Prizren
- Three party MOU
- Needed for funding approval
- Document shared from LOC
- Motion to be done after we receive the document back.
- email already sent to discuss mailing list
- shall we do this in Sept and just have a discussion at FOSS4G?
- topics for discussion: Board report and then Sponsorship and FOSS4G
- ACTION: Vicky to send an e-mail to discuss and projects mailing list with our current plan (Done)
Global Land Tool Network (GLTN) Secretariat at UN-Habitat request
- Shall we propose an MoU?
- ACTION: Angelos to send the template and respond that we are open to collaboration (Done).
- Terms of Reference document attached.
QGIS 2023 Code sprint
- Motion open on Loomio: https://www.loomio.com/p/BsmPZv98/motion-to-approve-5000-for-supporting-the-qgis-contributor-meeting
Geo Week 2024
- Planning ahead for 2024
- Are we interested in participating?
- Vendor heavy event, not a lot of open source.
- Low effort on our side.
- Would be valuable if we have people to actually keep a booth for the event.
- Table for now.
OSGeo Oceania Travel Grant
- Are we prepared to support this local event once again?
- They should submit a request and the board will consider.
OSGeo participation in the ODOK workshop
- Financing the person to travel.
- Estimate the cost and decide.
- ACTION: Mike to update the list
- Cross list sponsors from postponed code sprint. Angelos to check with them.
BIDS 2023 Code sprint
- November in Vienna. (https://www.bigdatafromspace2023.org/satellite-events)
- We could have an OSGeo room during the entire event (6 - 9 nov), where we'll organise ourselves
- We could have a booth - an OSGeo booth
- Proposing tutorials (workshops) is also a good opportunity for our projects.
- We could propose a Satellite Event (https://www.bigdatafromspace2023.org/satellite-events)
- ACTION: Codrina to send an e-mail to the sprint mailing list (Done).
- no log, Jitsi meeting