Brazilian Chapter Report 2009
- Geolivre 2009 - The most important FOSS GIS conference in Brazil. The 2009 edition, we have more than 150 attendees in "real presence" and more than 1.500 attendees on Internet.
- Unofficial OSGeo meeting at Latinoware 2009.
- Unofficial OSGeo meeting at FISL (International Free Software Forum) 2009. The FISL is the most important FOSS event in Latin America, with more than 7.000 users.
- Voting Members Definition.
- Definition of a coordination group.
- New objetctives and mission for the chapter.
- Creation of workgroups.
Areas for Improvement
- Chapter organization.
- More activity.
Local Projects - FOSS GIS
- Prefeitura Livre - Open Source solution to manage municipal services/utilities integrated FOSS GIS components.
Contributions to OSGeo Projects
- QGIS Plugins created by Luiz Motta
- Patch for Geotools by Rafael Soto. WMS Request Timeout bug.
Opportunities to Help
- More meetings and events in Brazil.
Outlook for 2010
- Crate a visual identity for the chapter.
- Solidify the Brazilian Chapter.
- Promote work experience exchance from members.