California Chapter Mission and Objectives
To promote the use and development of open source geospatial software in California.
Objectives & Goals
- Influence other professional groups in California.
- Give Presentations to groups with an interest in Open Geospatial and/or Public Geodata (see list of available speakers)
- Demonstrate diplomacy and interoperability of the OSGeo stack with other solutions(Free or Not) through our activities.
- Represent OSGeo via booths, literature and presentations at academic and professional conferences in the Western US
- Promote Access to California Geodata.
- Annual Award to the agency or institution in California that best exemplifies OSGeo's stance on Public Geodata
- Work with the Public Geodata Project to Generate a catalog of catalogs, search tools, and metadata harvesters to better enable public access to Geodata.http://www.osgeo.org/geodata
- Promote use of Public Geodata Catalogs