Ela is a geographer/hydrologist (graduated from the University of Warsaw). Completed UNIGIS Postgraduate Studies at the Jagiellonian University in Cracow (Poland) and the University of Salzburg (Austria).
- Head of the Education Unit at UNEP/GRID-Warsaw Centre in Poland;
- GI trainer focused on a use of spatial information and FOSS4G software (QGIS in particular) in public administration tasks and school education;
- Author of various training programmes, educational materials - held numerous of workshops, including training at the 1st International Conference for QGIS Users, Educators and Developers,
- Coordinator of the eduGIS ICA-OSGeo Lab established under http://www.geoforall.org GeoForAll initiative];
- Co-author of educational publications, for example GIS at school. Guidebook for biology, geography and science teachers nominated for GeoForAll Global Educator of the Year Award 2015;
- Charter member of the OsGeo Foundation;
- Active member of the OSGeo community, in particular in the field of education - coordinator of Teacher training group within GeoForAll initative, European co-editor of GeoForAll newsletter;
- OsGeo experience
- Spoken languages
- Polish, English, Russian and German (basic level)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skype username: sterniczka
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ElaWolo
More details at LinkedIn profile.